• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'67 HCS In Colorado Springs....Questions

I posted this in the classifieds forum by mistake.... :( It probably belongs here instead....

My wife recently gave me the OK to start looking for a classic mustang (woo-hoo!!!). So, I'm back in the market for an HCS or a '66 GT.

I saw the message regarding the '67 HCS in Colorado Springs and checked out the website. I called the owner and it is still available. He is willing to move on the price.

He's done a lot of work on the original 289....he's rebuilt it with his dad, reboring to 302. He did not know if the engine which they rebuilt was the original or not. He says there is an overheating problem which he believes a bigger radiator will correct. So, as of now, it is not really driveable.

I've asked him to send me the VIN and dataplate information.

I do like the uniqueness of the HCS since I live in Colorado (just north of Denver, in Louisville). Do you think this one is worth pursuing? What would be a more appropriate price? $7000? $6000? What else should I look out for? Shall I call Bob at the HCS registry to see what he might know about the vehicle?

Thanks for your assistance as I begin my search for a classic pony once again!!

Regards,

Bruce

hicountrybob

Bruce, Give me a call at 303-424-3866 evenings best, and we will talk HCS, vin numbers on these cars, hot motors and perhaps some pricing stuff. H C Bob

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, Bob's always up for talkin' HCS's. ;)

rjw

And from what I hear, he's a pretty good one to talk to about HCS's!
Richard

OP
OP
G

Bruce, I have a 1967 HCS Convertible that I am selling. The car is in Bob Teets registry, so it is real. If you are still looking for a HCS. please email me and we can talk cars.