• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 older post noting one that does not apper to be in the registry

somethingspecial

Thanks Richard,I checked and it had been updated along with the Marti Report. How is the Green Hornet doing? Get much attention with it when you drive it? Mike

classicsguy

That was my car I had it registered before I sold it. Rare Pebble Beige color.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Mike... EXP is getting the transmission replaced this week.

The "new" rebult one from the US crapped out 10 minutes into the break in... it did sit for a while during the build but kinda dissapointing... so not on the road yet.

On the positive side I got to build my first automatic, which took me a few months. Had to source some hard to find parts from the US. C6, and will see how it goes in a week or so... learned something new and if it explodes it only cost about $600 bucks instead of the $2500 most places here wanted for a rebuild... (and $600 included the hard to find parts no one here would have had a clue about, would have had to source them anyway as few shops here still do C6's, let alone Mustang variants...)

A few pics of the restoration and the car at the show in Melbourne on this site...

http://sleepingbeauties.com.au/shelby.html

We may take it back in October and see if we can get a first instead of the second we took last year. A lot of little things didn't get done as time ran out... 50 years of Shelby this year. Were told if it ran (the dead trans) and a few minor goof ups with door latches popping off and a missing air cleaner snorkel were not there (that was a drama I care not to reapeat! long story...) it would have walked away with first...