• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

White GT/CS relisted

connvalley

This car was sold for $19,000 on July 21st but is relisted again. I've been looking for a good GT/CS . Looking at the photos, I'm not an expert but is it worth the money. Noticed an idler pulley off the a/c compressor has no belt, I'm guessing that runs the a/c and must not be operational.. Seller indicates that the seat covers and headliner will be replaced, the covers look good in these pics. Must be something you can't see in the photos, what goes wrong with the seats even though they appear to be good? Is this what the seat covers would look like if original. The only thing I remember about not buying a white car in the 60's is that they show rust very well. I had a white 61 chevy bel air that became a bondo special in 68' ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...category=6236&item=4563909906&sspagename=WDVW

390cs68rcode

if the AC is not hooked up it probably means the compressor and or ac clutch are bad at the minimum. Figure at least $700 to fix it, MINIMUM. I beat that is the same ad as before (looks familiar) but to me it looks like they have already repalced the seat covers.

worth 19k? seems a LITTLE strong without seeing it in person.

-=MUSTANG=-

That does look like a solid car metal wise, who knows though if the exterior has ever had any work. Interior looks a little worn for a $19,000.00 car. Engine compartment could use a detailing.

I think all chevy's from the 60's rusted.