• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Where to find Marchal parts?

dpheyes

Does anyone have a source for Marchal fog light parts? Does anyone have photos or diagrams of the lights? I think I need lenses and whatever guts hold the bulbs in place.

My car came with the Marchal lights, but it had obviously had a front end collision sometime in the past (radiator support replaced, etc.). The lights weren't installed and the car had a '68 grill (yes, the Marti report says it's a real CS). Some idiot PO crammed a pair of aftermarket $29 fog lights into the Marchal housings and then mounted them like Lucas lights. The front trim rings have some minor damage at the inside corners where they were bent inward to fit the junker lights. I think they can be repaired if new ones aren't available. There is nothing wrong with the backs though!

BTW, Just in case I can't get the Marchals repaired, I do have a set of NOS Lucas lights for a '68 Shelby. I think the only difference is the pedestal. Do the Lucas ones in the pics look right?

Thanks,
Doug

See photos below:

Attachments

• Marchal 1.JPG
    Marchal 1.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Marchal 2.JPG
    Marchal 2.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Marchal 3.JPG
    Marchal 3.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Marchal 4.jpg
    Marchal 4.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Lucas 1.jpg
    Lucas 1.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Lucas 2.jpg
    Lucas 2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 31

nfrntau

Keep your eyes on e-bay. They come up from time to time for various prices depending on what quality and condition you are looking for. A good chrome shop can polish the fronts up pretty easily

CougarCJ

Might I suggest eBayUK? Much more common across the big pond.

OP
OP
D

dpheyes

Thanks everyone!

I've been watching e-bay, but the only ones I've seen have been full units for lots of dough. One guy offered just the lenses and reflectors for $480. Guess I'll try the ebayUK thing.

Orlando Mustang wants $499 (exchange) for their sets and I don't have a complete set to exchange :sad: I'll call them anyway.

Does anyone have more detailed info on the fog light wiring? I need it all the way from the under-dash harness & switch out to the lights. None of my manuals show anything about fog lights, including the shop manual.

CougarCJ

Thanks everyone!

Does anyone have more detailed info on the fog light wiring? I need it all the way from the under-dash harness & switch out to the lights. None of my manuals show anything about fog lights, including the shop manual.

The Coral Snake lists them. http://www.thecoralsnake.com/wiringlist

They might be the same wiring harness as standard 1968 GT fog lights?
If that is the case, Scott Drake carries the switch, fog light wiring feed, circuit breakers, and under dash wiring harness. Also in kit form.

Also some details for Shelby fog lights. Should be the same, I would guess?

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/FogLight