• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 A/C Control Switch

franklinair

Thought I'd share this info for A/C systems in the '68 Mustangs. The A/C Control Switch is not reproduced, and the A/C system will not work without it.

The circuitry for turning on the A/C goes as thus:
12volts from the A/C Control Panel goes thru the Evaporator Thermostat Switch and then to the A/C Control Switch which then supplies the 12 volts to engage the Compressor Clutch.

The switch was manufactured by INDAK. I Googled INDAK and found a similar switch that will work as a substitute. It is listed as a Briggs & Stratton switch P/N 91032MA and is sold by several companies (including WalMart).

I was able to repair my original switch by disassembling it and cleaning the internal contacts.
Bear in mind it is difficult to access- the Instr Cluster must be removed as well as the radio & center vent.
Hope this helps if the occasion ever arises.

Neil

CougarCJ

Good work Neil, 52 year old grease gets hard.
Pictures for reference of the OEM switch and the Briggs Switch. Briggs has 2 additional spades though.

Attachments

• IMG_4009.jpg
    IMG_4009.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4010.jpg
    IMG_4010.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 22