• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Argent?!?!?!

x-codegtcs

Does anyone know ANY color code (DuPont, Ditzler, etc) of the argent for paint used for steel wheels, shelby tail light panels, etc?

I have been looking for a long time and keep coming up with dead ends. Many books refer to the color, but never a code.

Thanks!!!

68gt390

I picked up several cans here locally in the Columbus, Ohio area from KAR. It is tagged FORD Argent Spray Paint. F6AZ-19K207-AA, Ford Internal Reference No. 014479. If you can't find it anywhere contact Kevin at KAR at 1-800-341-5949. I know they stock it. Hope this helps.

Don

P

PNewitt

Unless I'm mistaken, I think there are two "argent" colors from Ford. One is for early Mustang Styled Steel wheels, and one is for '67 SS wheels. I think the latter version is a little darker.

Maybe someone can confirm this?

FYI--"Argent" is French for silver.

Thanks--Paul.

bish

Eastwood also carries the paint for the argent wheels

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

If anyone is interested - all information that I could find - the argent color for the wheels, aluminum grill moldings, shelby tail light panel, etc. is Ditzler 32520 - same color code as the 66-67 Silver Frost color code #4 (which was deleted from the 67 color line up in Nov. 1966 because it was supposedly (as I understood) offered as a Shelby only color in 1967 - here is the text I read - "**Metallic Gray was not a Mustang color, it was Gray # 1900, a 1967 Thunderbird color. This is the only color that was unique to Shelby Mustangs. "Special Dark Metallic Gray" was also called Dark Gray Metallic and Medium Gray Metallic. ")

Whew...that was a mouth full.... :eek:

P

PNewitt

Good research....

Sooo....would that mean that the '65 Rally Wheel argent was different by the later '66-67 silver/argent color?

I only bring this up, because Mustang stores DO have items like this, but we need to know our stuff.

Thanks again for looking that up.

Paul N.

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

When checking into this stuff - I talked to Kevin at KAR Group (who was referenced by one our kind members). He said that he could not find anything in any manuals, but knew for a fact that there was a "lighter" and "darker" argent. The 64-65's and maybe 66's (for some treatments) used the lighter color. The darker color was for the later years.

With that said, I should qualify by saying that no one seems to know when the cut off date was for the two colors - personally, I am still quite confused on the subject, but happy to have a direction to persue!

Bryce