• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale "Little Red Hornet" clone(?) on ebay

OP
OP
p51

p51

Sold for $15.6K... based on the limited information one can glean from ebay, seems reasonable... add a 5-speed, black vinyl top, goose the torque/hp up to ~300hp, Arning drop, aftermarket EFI(?)... nirvana, IMO :smile:

Now I know a lot of folks on this site are purists... "if it's a clone or modded it's crap"... but in my opinion if they had originally added the Shelby hood/front end to the GT/CS (as was done in the Green Hornet) it would have been the perfect car from an aesthetics point of view...

... having said that, I also know opinions are like "*'s" ("Breakfast of Champions")... everyone's got one and thinks their * doesn't stink.... :wink:

OP
OP
p51

p51

I don't know of anyone on this site with that opinion?????

You are *absolutely* correct... it was an gross overstatement... for which I apologize... but I'm not sure to whom since, as stated, no one has that opinion... I guess I just miss some of the rodders/moders who used to post to this site (Robert's still here!). Now I gotta got to vintage-mustang to get my fix...

franklinair

IIRC, joedls has a couple hot beauties. Early & late models. Joe's threads are worth a read if you're looking for performance. His '68 is still going thru rehab I think.
Richard (dalorzo_f) built a Green Hornet replica. I believe he could write a book about doing one.
There are several levels of mods done on the C/S models, up to & including concourse correct. To each his own.

Neil

Last edited:

Midnight Special

I guess I just miss some of the rodders/moders who used to post to this site (Robert's still here!). Now I gotta got to vintage-mustang to get my fix...

...Ah, the good ole days. Indeed, redundant and pretty boring around here compared to a short while ago....>

Attachments

• fontana.jpg
    fontana.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 34

robert campbell

I miss David!! His car went like stink!! I have sent links to his races to many a hot rod Ford guy. Few people split their block in half!!!

Joe is about ready to step into a realm even faster with his new motor for his new GT/CS. It should get deep into the tens or even the nines!!!

Rob

Mosesatm

That'll require a roll bar. Below 10.00 requires a roll cage.