• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS in Seattle

Don

Nice car. Chrome bezels on (flush?) quarter lights? What's up with the fog lights (are the brackets missing)?

sportyworty

Nice car. Chrome bezels on (flush?) quarter lights? What's up with the fog lights (are the brackets missing)?

The Shelby inset reflectors were chrome plated. The CS Mustang version was body color before the change over to the Chrome flush mount 3rd week of Feb. Someone was just dressing it up likely.

BroadwayBlue

The Shelby inset reflectors were chrome plated. The CS Mustang version was body color before the change over to the Chrome flush mount 3rd week of Feb. Someone was just dressing it up likely.

I never knew that difference between the Shelby and CS reflectors. Thanks Kerry!

The foglights could be from the way the dealer installed them after the recall or during a resto and used the Shelby mounts. Mine had the Shelby mounts when I first got it. I swapped them out to the higher mounts.

Although these look even lower than the Shelby mounts or is it just the angle?
Also not sure they're the correct Lucas lights from the shape.

Here's an old thread with some good foglight info on the recall and timing. I'm sure there are other threads as well.
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5014

Don

Thanks for that. What does "high script" mean and what is the history of "high script"?

Mosesatm

Some of the early cars, maybe the first 200, have the "California Special" scripts placed higher on the quarter panels than the later cars. As far as I know we haven't figured out why. Rob is our resident 'high script' expert so maybe he will chime in when he gets back from the lake.