• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS on Ebay X-code project

rvrtrash

Based on the condition of the quarter panels and roof, and his statement that it would need torque boxes, I can't believe that "the undercarriage is solid". I'd like to see pics of the floors. To bad. It got me a little tingly for a minute. It's not that far from me. :smile:

Steve

Just sent a request for more pics.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Based on the condition of the quarter panels and roof, and his statement that it would need torque boxes, I can't believe that "the undercarriage is solid". I'd like to see pics of the floors. To bad. It got me a little tingly for a minute. It's not that far from me. :smile:

Steve

I agree with Steve..those quarter panels look scary...but its a Big block with "original paint"

mbsf1970

Love the way he says that, aside from all the things missing, that it is an easy and straightforward restoration....:grin:
Stephen
@Steve...now I know where you can use those bolts Arlie left with you....you'd need the antenna as well but , oops, I got it. I don't where you're ever going to find the "fornia" badging from the right rear quarter. Tough part to locate.

Ruppstang

Steve

Buy it Steve and sell me those 68 Shelby wheels and hub caps if they are 15 inch! LOL
Marty

rvrtrash

Buy it Steve and sell me those 68 Shelby wheels and hub caps if they are 15 inch! LOL
Marty

I was thinking the wheels were 14" but you never know. The thing that really jumped out at me was the "wide band" dual vac advance on the distributor. Those are hard to come by. :wink:

Steve

Ruppstang

Most likely they are 14s. Yes the duel diaphragm advances are getting tough to find. They are rebuildable.
I have not seen many original X codes, I was surprised to see a painted rocker covers and air cleaner. The S codes are chrome. You might want to verify the VIN on the engine.
Marty

Ruppstang

I just looked at Deadstang's very original X code and it was painted as well. I learn some thing new today.
Marty

C160223

I have seen this car up close. My cousin was the original seller from the craigslist Ad last month. He picked it up with the intention of restoring but ended up selling due to too many projects. It was sold to a guy in Kelowna, then immediately went to auction. Now currently on eBay. The car needs a lot of work. I could not find a serial number on the engine but the engine plate was there. Carb and distributor are not original. Transmission does have the vin stamp on it. The car has been sitting since the early 80's. It was last registered and driven back in 1978. When my cousin got it, the engine and transmission were not in the car. We installed them back in before it sold. Most the sheet metal will need replacing, the front and frame rails looked ok but who knows how bad they are once you start tearing the car apart. The hubcaps are Ford 14", not the Shelby hubcaps

Last edited:

rvrtrash

I just got 2, low res, generic (from a distance type) photos of the underside, and one of the trunk floor from the seller. It was nice of him to try, but they don't really show condition.

Steve

C160223

From what i recall, the floors and frame rails seemed OK. Once the car is blasted or dipped, you'll know exactly what you are working with. With it needing quarters and door skins, you can expect some of the other sheet metal needing replacing. This car deserves a correct restoration. The plus is the car has the original engine, trans, body, rear axle assembly and fiberglass. As with most 47 year old cars, everything else will have to be restored, rebuilt or replaced.
Unfortunately the X code only came in automatics or this car would be in my garage.

p51

It should be interesting to see what this car sells for given its condition. As of 7/7/2015 the bid is ~$8K (with 3days left).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...h=item1a02743941&item=111710320961&rmvsb=true

On the other hand here is an X-code (already noted in another thread) that appears to be pretty much original (?) and looks to be in pretty fair condition (Texas car). Asking is $26.5K (if you assume a 10% discount off asking -> $24K)
http://www.cars-on-line.com/78953.html

So I guess the question would be: For ~$16K could you get the first car into the condition of the second?