• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Possible S code on ebay

somethingspecial

WOW, Fantastic Sheryl. Looks like you and John got a great car. Can you send me a copy of the Marti Report to my email address below. When I try to save them from posted pictures, they are to small to read. Thanks and Congrats again. Can't wait to see it in person. Mike ps. I love the photo of the car on the lift with your grey CS in front of it.

Don

If you already got the inspection done DMV should be a cake walk. Most of those guys really don't know what they are looking for on the older cars anyways. Congrats!
Drive it like you stole it, you got a steal of a deal :grin:

p51

Very nice! Congrats!

Keep us up to date on the condition of the car as you find things out and plans for restoration... given it's a numbers matching(?), GT optioned S-code this might be a candidate for a Concurs restoration. Is that your plan?

Any idea what the real mileage is on the car?

sportyworty

That fan shroud is worth 1500 bucks if it is the original and in good shape. Be very careful with it if you pull the Radiator for rebuild Sheryl.
The build sheets for San Jose cars are very rare but the 2 I pulled were both under the drivers seat bottom.

Batgirl89

That fan shroud is worth 1500 bucks if it is the original and in good shape. Be very careful with it if you pull the Radiator for rebuild Sheryl.
The build sheets for San Jose cars are very rare but the 2 I pulled were both under the drivers seat bottom.

oh wow, the shroud, its in great shape just needs cleaning. We will be careful with it!! (I didnt know its worth the big bucks)

We will be pulling the driver seat for upholstery repair. Ill check for the build sheet, thank you for telling me.

p51, the car certainly deserves a concurs restoration (since its so rare ect) but for the time being we are going to do daily driver restoration (so I can drive it around town and enjoy it!!) :grin:

I think the milage is (1)14092. We asked seller for all records ect. But he did not put them in the car, said he would ship us the box. So, we are hoping to see that soon. The original warranty card is suppose to be there too

sportyworty

Most of the cars have had the shroud replaced with the service unit. When you have time look for the embossed part number and boxed FoMoCo. The service issue shrouds had the caution fan decal on them. Also cars that went in for service were to receive the decal. The fact your does not have one leads me to believe you may have the ultra rare original line installed "A" rather than the part number "C" revision. The A versio is a grayer colored horse hair finish as opposed to the smaller darker plastic part. I personally would not run the original on that car rather install it after a restoration. The Shelby and 68.5 CJ crowd would appreciate and pay up for a part like this. The service issue new in a NOS box is a 500.00 item. The repro is like 100.00. Here is a link where you can verify what you have Sheryl.
Have fun with all your investigating as it is the most fun of the entire adventure !
https://www.428cobrajet.org/id-shroud

Batgirl89

Most of the cars have had the shroud replaced with the service unit. When you have time look for the embossed part number and boxed FoMoCo. The service issue shrouds had the caution fan decal on them. Also cars that went in for service were to receive the decal. The fact your does not have one leads me to believe you may have the ultra rare original line installed "A" rather than the part number "C" revision. The A versio is a grayer colored horse hair finish as opposed to the smaller darker plastic part. I personally would not run the original on that car rather install it after a restoration. The Shelby and 68.5 CJ crowd would appreciate and pay up for a part like this. The service issue new in a NOS box is a 500.00 item. The repro is like 100.00. Here is a link where you can verify what you have Sheryl.
Have fun with all your investigating as it is the most fun of the entire adventure !
https://www.428cobrajet.org/id-shroud

you are so right! the investigating is so fun and makes me want to be in the barn all the time with the car!! Thank you so much for educating us on this, we had no idea. now im scared to touch the fan shroud. great idea purchasing a replacement until the car is done.
here are pics of the shroud and radiator.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1438306704455.jpg
    ResizedImage_1438306704455.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 39
  • ResizedImage_1438306980539.jpg
    ResizedImage_1438306980539.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 39
  • ResizedImage_1438307036733.jpg
    ResizedImage_1438307036733.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 35
  • ResizedImage_1438307091324.jpg
    ResizedImage_1438307091324.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 35
  • ResizedImage_1438307192599.jpg
    ResizedImage_1438307192599.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 36

Batgirl89

Interesting that it was originally purchased by a company. :cool:

We were thinking the same thing. California Special, GT, big block mustang, company car. Let the good times roll! WOO HOO

We googled the company, they actually supplied power, the company was purchased by a larger power company in 2006

Batgirl89

Maybe this car deserves a nickname relating to it's "electric" past. :grin:

Steve, good point!
Does anyone have any suggestions?
-Sheryl

So its official, She's a California Girl, now.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1438826612985.jpg
    ResizedImage_1438826612985.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 43

robert campbell

Sheryl,
Please look at the below thread.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9216&highlight=script

Your script looks old and before you buy new you may want to look at restoring it. The new script you can purchase today is similar, but not the same. I cannot tell, you need to get a better close up like I did in the thread.

It looks like you are missing one piece? You may want to see if you can find an old one out there.

Rob

franklinair

This car and info deserves a thread of it's own, rather than a continuation in the For Sale section. JMHO.

Neil