• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Any opinions on seattle CS?

Mosesatm

Craigslist Ad said:
1968 Mustang California Special GT. Purchased in 1990 with 85,000 on odometer. Rebuilt 312 engine with 60 over Edelbrock and Holy 650 carb. Headers with Flowmaster, traction bars, rebuilt C4 transmission, updated front end and rear suspension, radio, PS, power front disc brakes. New radiator and new gas tank. Repainted in 1990. Factory Alcapulco Blue with new white vinyl roof. New two tone blue seats, door panels, and center console. New headliner, new taillight parking lights, front and rear bumper guards, top and bottom stabilizer bars, factory GT wheels, extra chrome plating, excellent glass, extra parts plus car cover. Please call Gregory

All in all it looks good.

What are top and bottom stabilizer bars?
I sure hope he means 302 engine instead of 312!!
Those look like some sort of aftermarket fog lights.
The hood lock washers are on the wrong side but the hood looks correct.

robert campbell

I just got off the phone with the owner and will talk to him more tomorrow. This seems to be an early car by the recessed reflectors. They are chromed, but that could have been done. I hope to get the VIN number for the Marti, but the consecutive unit number will tell a bit about how old it is.

This car seems to have the higher GT/CS Script location that my car has. This seems to coincide with the stage cars at the debut of the GT/CS that were more than likely the recipients of the early run of GT/CS scripts for the debut of the car.

Rob

p51

Looks like a nice car. I sorta like the chrome bling on the hood. But, as usual, the devil is in the details. Marti? Is it numbers matching?, accidents?, covered rust? Compression check on the engine ok? How far from original? But I wouldn't pay that price for a 302... maybe 20% less if it actually is as good as it looks...

But if you do pay that price, please let us know. All of us here at californiaspecial.com certainly want to feel that much richer... and that much smarter... well, at least I do... :smile:

robert campbell

Talked to the owner again today. He is ok with providing the VIN and is very interested in knowing the cars origins and history. Seems like a great guy and is not hiding anything. Hooked him up with getting a Marti on the car.

Rob

Mosesatm

Here is the Marti Report.

Attachments

• 8R01J139301.jpg
    8R01J139301.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 103

toscata

I purchased this car on 9/2/15 for much less than price stated in this thread but still a lot of money. So I am a new owner of my first GT/CS and new to this board. I am looking forward to referencing the vast knowledge you all have. That being said, yes the fog lights are the first thing I need to restore. What I desperately need is the pedestals "original or aftermarket" . anyone help with these. Thanks Dwayne

stangfan

Bob Teets is the fellow who sells the correct pedestals for the lights. He is a member on here. Just PM him.

Congratulations on getting the car! :grin:

Bob's online name is hicountrybob.

Mosesatm

Bob Teets is the fellow who sells the correct pedestals for the lights. He is a member on here. Just PM him.

Congratulations on getting the car! :grin:

Bob's online name is hicountrybob.

From what I've heard Bob no longer makes the parts. That's just a rumor.

azbeneman

I purchased this car on 9/2/15 for much less than price stated in this thread but still a lot of money. So I am a new owner of my first GT/CS and new to this board. I am looking forward to referencing the vast knowledge you all have. That being said, yes the fog lights are the first thing I need to restore. What I desperately need is the pedestals "original or aftermarket" . anyone help with these. Thanks Dwayne

Congrats Dwayne. If it is the car I am thinking of, it was a good looking car.

If Bob doesn't have the parts you need, PM me. I think I have a set of fog light pedestals and bolts (no washers though). I believe they are painted the proper titanium color as well. I have a set of Lucas lights that are in good shape, but have "Foreign Glass" lenses.

Craig

BroadwayBlue

I got mine from Bob, they were perfect.
Didn't know he wasn't supplying them anymore but if Branda has them and they're the same I received I think you'll be happy with them.

Mosesatm

Branda doesn't have any more of them. It looks like they may no longer be available from anyone.