• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fog light brackets - again

lnevill

Bonnie and Clyde has been in the paint and body shop for a couple months now and I've been busy restoring all the other 1,000,001 pieces and parts that make a car so I haven't posted in a while... Painted the underside of the big pieces last week and the rest of the car should be done soon. I'll post pic's as soon as I get her home.

I've read all the threads on the fog light brackets and made all the same calls and still find Delta Bay doesn't have the tool and is not reproducing them, yet.... Said they have a waiting list of 5 or 6 and added my name to the list.

I read in the threads that Mike and/or some others were considering reproducing these... Any update on this???

Thanks!

Lee

somethingspecial

Lee, I made several attempts to reproduce the brackets, Have the folds down and the dimple tools made. A welder I am not, and have not been happy with the finished product. With this frustration, I abandoned the project, then life happened. Someday I will take another stab at making a quality repro, especially since Delta Bay can't fill the void. (just need to practice my welding skills) I am not aware of anyone else making brackets. Keep watching Ebay for brackets. You might find some. Beware of crappy attempts on brackets for sale there. I have seen many that look worse than my first attempts, and they are labled as NOS, or Original. I remember not to long back someone was selling a whole grille with brackets stating it was NOS, and it was totally wrong. Wanted somewhere around $600.00 for it. Just beware and ask here first if you find something that looks right. We will let you know if you find the right thing. Mike

dalorzo_f

So have you considered providing them without welds and let the buyer deal with it?

Seems even a good repro with no welds is better than none...???

Or outsourcing the welding as it would seem to be minor work (relatively speaking, I can't weld at all) and a good welder could knock out a few sets pretty fast once setup?

franklinair

I still have the pair of Marchal Brackets that Arlie sent to me, to see if I could have them duplicated. But I came up dry- here and in Atlanta.
The welds look like electric spotwelds.
If anyone feels they can reproduce them (and with Arlie's permission) I can send them on.

Neil

Attachments

• Green GTCS 314.jpg
    Green GTCS 314.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Green GTCS 315.jpg
    Green GTCS 315.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Green GTCS 316.jpg
    Green GTCS 316.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 64

x-codegtcs

originals were not welded - they were just stamped and the bends show the deformations.

Lee - I have been sorting through my stuff and found a set if you are interested...these are the repops from Delta Bay I bought. $150 including shipping.

wallace

Marchal Fog Light Brackets

Hi, does anybody now reproduce these? Thinking of buying a GTCS with damaged front end. I have a 67 NOS grill but need these to make it look correct.

Thanks, Wallace
wallaceandkaren@yahoo.com

franklinair

If the front end is damaged, why not go with Lucas lights?

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 31

wallace

Lucas Lights

Neil,

Since Bob Teets retired, I'm not sure who makes the Lucas Mounting set up the GT/CS. I spoke with Dan Teets and he referred me to a gentleman names Willis Sharman?

Any idea if they are still available

Thanks, Wallace

robert campbell

All,
I had hope to make some of the pedestals, nuts and such for these brackets. I have a sizable quantity of the square reinforcing washers for the grill reinforcement (4 required). I have the taps and dies (English thread pitch) to manufacture the nuts and clean up the threads on the posts of the Lucas light mounting bolt.

My hope was to have a close friend help me with the machining required to make the nuts and the round pedestals. But he has failed to come through on this. I have the proper size hex stock and pipe to make these.

I will see if I can find another machinist to assist me. I do not have the small rubber grommets and lock washers, but I think that they are available?

Rob

franklinair

If you still need/want Lucas pedestals, I'll check my spare parts. (I'm installing Marchals on mine, so I won't need the pedestals.)

Neil