• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 Console

wallace

Marty, Neil,

Thanks for your assistance with the 68 Lime Gold console. Marty, thanks for letting me buy your extra console.

Here is the final result. Painted/dyed Lime gold from Black. Did some repairs on the plastic as well. Just don't know where the hardware screws go as I don't have a reference and the console was not original to the car.

Any post or article which would give me an idea of where they go? There are two below the ashtray, two on the front of the pad. Obviously I know which attach it to the floor. Two holes on front of console above heater vents. Finally several screws for the shifter plate.

Thanks, Wally

Attachments

• IMG_1931.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1933.jpg
    IMG_1933.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 30

Ruppstang

It looks like it turned out real nice. There is a great drawing in the interior 68 Mustang assembly manual. I think there may be some thing also in the 68 service manual.
Marty

Ruppstang

In the second link it shows carpet installation and the use of a dimmer switch grommet. Our cars did not use the grommet. Just cut a tight fitting hole in the carpet for the dimmer switch. I have deducted many times for the grommet at MCA national shows.