• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Ceramic coating

franklinair

Has anyone tried any of these new ceramic coatings advertised on the internet?
They all seem a little pricey and I'm wondering if they're worth the price, and OK for the painted surfaces.

Neil

Ruppstang

It is too much for my money. It is very cool. A guy in our club does it and took a key to his paint, I cringed but it left no mark.
I did however have the windshield on the unrestored HCS done to help protect it.
Marty

DanTeets

I use a ceramic coating called Cerakote in my metal coating business. I put it on countertops, outdoor signs, artwork, etc for surface scratch and UV protection. As Marty said it is crazy hard. The product type I use is so hard that if a repair is required or a mistake is made (orange peel, run, etc) I have to strip it completely off. You can’t scuff it and reapply or blend as it is so hard and slick that it won’t stick to itself. The product itself is very expensive but I do like it for certain automotive applications.