• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 fake gt/cs for sale in Australia.

Mosesatm

This car was recently sold in Dallas where it was advertised as a clone.

The guy purchased it knowing it was a clone (or should have known) so if he's advertising it as a real GT/CS he definitely should be challenged about it. Shall we all flood him with e-mails? If he doesn't then correct the description eBay should be contacted.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Here's his response to me. Apparently after spending all day at the pub.

Dear ebarple,

i have brought this car as gt cs it doesnt have a running horse on the front ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: salidan
Subject: Details about item: ebarple sent a message about Mustang 1968 GT CS #220714465635
Sent Date: 27-Dec-10 00:29:53 AEDST

Dear salidan,

According to the VIN this car is not a California Special. ALL GT/CSs start with 8R01. Plus the car has a running horse on the fender, which is not correct.

- ebarple

dalorzo_f

Sent him a note as well. Missed the point, said he wasn't saying it was a GT, nothing about it not being a real CS! Buyer beware...!!!

Mosesatm

Here's the latest reply.

salidan on eBay said:
as i have said im not missing leading anyone im not stating factory gt or geniune gt so find something better to do with your toime and dont waste mine..

aemoo28

Well, it doesn't have a running pony on the front...

Oh my. Someone tell him 8RO is a CLUE of a real CS. And notify Ebay of fraudulent merchandise.

And I say we ask him to prove it with a Marti ha ha. If there is a winning bid, can someone notifiy the winner of this auction that the car advertised is not truth?

Mosesatm

He's definitely a crook. In his latest response he said if I could show him where he specifically says it's a real GT/CS in the ad he will change it.
He's been reported.

obwan93001

This car is so fake it's just too obvious at least to those of us in the know that it is and judging by his responses to your questions it only substantiates everyone's suspicions. Wow I used a big word LOL. I too reported it to ebay as fraudulent and then proceeded to send the following email via ebay to this <insert favorite name for this crook here> to see what he comes back with this time. And I don't even know a soul in AU, hahahaa. I'll post his reply if one is even sent.

Oscar

Details about item: obwan4 sent a message about Mustang 1968 GT CS california special #220714465635
To: salidan
Sent: 27-Dec-10 17:11

#mmbdy td{text-align:left}#mmbdy td{text-align:left}

Dear salidan,

Hi,
I have an associate in AU that may be interested in this car. Can you tell me if you have the Marti Report associated w/this GT/CS and any other details as to it's history?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards and Happy Holidays!

- obwan4

obwan93001

Did anyone see this guys seller feedback?

:rofl:
He's never sold a car before, under that profile at least. All his feedback is for bunk, trundle and other types of beds! Oh, n he sold a couple of used audio CDs too.

I had to share that w/you all, too funny.

Mosesatm

My guess is that he hasn't really sold anything and is a scammer. They've learned to "sell" stuff to each other to get their transaction counts up to a respectable number, even though no money changes hands.

I've dealt with his ilk before and they respond with a typical pattern to see which response works on the accuser to make him or her go away.
First they play dumb.
If that doesn't work they then play the 'innocent mistake' card and cooperate a little.
If that doesn't work they finally threaten to contact eBay and report abuse. Most people back off at that point. Most people.:grin:

rvrtrash

When I read the ad, the phrase that came to mind was "plausible deniability". He suggests it's a GT/CS but doesn't come right out and say it, point blank. I had the same thing happen to me on a rare shifter handle, so have learned to look for it. Luckily I only lost $50, but whoever buys this is going to get taken for a lot more.

Steve

Mosesatm

He's now claiming that this phrase
"Up for auction is a nice 68' Ford Mustang 289 V8 Auto that is built as a California Special"
clearly states that the car is not a real California Special.

I don't know; my car was built as a California Special and it's real.
It's not 68' long, though.

obwan93001

Hahahaha. Now that would be something, a 68 foot long GT/CS! Isn't that the prototype that was secretely manufactured in TX where everything is BIG? :grin:

I saw the revised description w/the phrase Arlie quoted above, too funny. I still reported it to ebay AU as fraud and I got the following reply back from salidan this morning, hahahaha. SCAMMER! I mean, come on now, a $45k FAKE, err CLONE GT/CS. :rofl: I forgot to mention last night that one of the beds he sold was a fiberglass bed in the shape of a Ferrari, guess that's where he got his start in the used car market. :icon_lol:

Re: Details about item: obwan4 sent a message about Mustang 1968 GT CS california special #220714465635
To: obwan4
Sent: Dec-27-10 02:23 AM

Dear obwan4,

hello this car arrives in mid feb..I have listed this car as a built as a california special not a california special ..

- salidan

dalorzo_f

In his defense Mustang prices here are really high. The market has not corrected much even as the Aus $ climbs to almost parity with the USD. I paid $22.5k for a CS survivor in far worse shape.

You are hard pressed to find a nice driver of any type for less than 15-20k, so the somewhat unique nature of the car (it does look like it is in pretty good condition in the photos) puts it at a premium over the typical 65/66 289/c4's selling here.

You are looking at 3-5k to get a car shipped and insured and delivered, so there is a natural bump over what "normal" in the US is. And the local economy is holding, and car prices have not taken as big a hit as in the US.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, I've never sold anythign on Ebay but may put a '68 big block GT coupe on it next year. Would hate to be slammed for never selling a car there before, as most owners are just off-loading a car, not in resale or a scammer because they have not sold there before...

But definately buyer beware on this one...

Mosesatm

Now he says it doesn't matter what the ad says because he isn't really selling the car now, anyway. He's just testing the market, but when he does sell it for real he'll clearly state in the ad that the car is not a real California Special.

aemoo28

Wait, he does not have the car he is selling at this moment? "Car arrives in mid Feb"?

Built as, but not a CS. At least he made that distinction... as in "trained as a medic, but not really a medic".

Mosesatm

Ford_Chevy_Classics (or whatever it's called) in Dallas sold the car on eBay a few weeks ago.

68 special

That's a nice car, big block, good options. Can anyone tell what the emblem is on both front fenders behind the headlight buckets?

Bret