CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 10/12/2012, 11:42 PM   #1
Batgirl89

My Garage
1968 GT/CS C code at dealership

Price: $16,998

VIN: 8R01C155981
was a local trade in
Travis Davidson at 888-764-3245
http://www.walters1975.com

Walters Auto Sales
28080 County Road 20 West
Elkhart, IN 46517
574-293-1707
Batgirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2012, 08:09 AM   #2
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
Lotsa quirks on this one. 8R01C155981 not in Registry.

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2012, 08:23 AM   #3
somethingspecial

My Garage
c155981

It's in the Registry and Marti confirmed. Originaly Wimb. White with Red interior. nice options.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 8R01C155981marti.pdf (65.8 KB, 36 views)

Mike Jewell
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2012, 08:36 AM   #4
somethingspecial

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinair View Post

Neil
Neil, Keep in mind the 2011 Registry printed in the book was out of date the day after it was sealed up and packed away where no one could access it. Since then, we have added over 80 of the few left to find to the current Registry. We are forever looking for more cars for the Registry, and will not stop until we have 4,118 cars, plus other Prototypes/Special Edition cars with CS packaging, ie. GNS.

Mike Jewell
mikej@bigbytes.com
Old 10/13/2012, 10:55 AM   #5
390gtmustang

I love my Family

My Garage
When is the next book coming out?

68 HCS Brittany Blue Mustang (Mark Anthony) 68-HCS
68 390GT Pebble Beige Mustang Coupe, Highly Optioned Car (Caroline) 390-GT
68 390GT GT/CS Acapulco Blue Mustang (Sally) BB-GT-CS
68 GT500 Convertible Shelby Looking (Mark) GT-500
390gtmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2012, 11:12 AM   #6
quicknick
My Car Details

eBay: gtcslover

Send a message via MSN to quicknick
My Garage
This is not a real Cali folks. This car frequents the same car shows that I attend. It's a 67 made from a stolen and recovered Cali back in the early 90's. A re-body if you will. I researched this car when the owner tried to convince me and others at the show that it was "real and valuable." It's a backyard, amateur restoration, and not anywhere near it's asking price. However, If someone is genuinely interested in this car, I can answer any questions or go look at it again for you.
Attn: Mike Jewel..... I have a lead on the body shop in Mishawaka that built this car and can get more info on this if you need it. But my Mustang brothers grapevine informs me that the original car was stripped for it's Cali parts and gone to the crusher. This includes the original drivers door and dash plate applied to this 67. I can try to get this verified for you is you want to close the book on this vin.

The man who says "He never had a chance", never took a chance.- My Grandfather
quicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2012, 11:28 AM   #7
somethingspecial

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicknick View Post
This is not a real Cali folks. This car frequents the same car shows that I attend. It's a 67 made from a stolen and recovered Cali back in the early 90's. A re-body if you will. I researched this car when the owner tried to convince me and others at the show that it was "real and valuable." It's a backyard, amateur restoration, and not anywhere near it's asking price. However, If someone is genuinely interested in this car, I can answer any questions or go look at it again for you.
Attn: Mike Jewel..... I have a lead on the body shop in Mishawaka that built this car and can get more info on this if you need it. But my Mustang brothers grapevine informs me that the original car was stripped for it's Cali parts and gone to the crusher. This includes the original drivers door and dash plate applied to this 67. I can try to get this verified for you is you want to close the book on this vin.
Absolutely. If this is a VIN switch, we need to document this and close this VIN out as "destroyed". Any help you can get/give to this is greatly appreciated. I would need Proof Positive this was a VIN switch. I will not close this out if Undisputable Documentation does not accompany the claim. I'm glad you brought this to our attention. What I will do is flag this VIN in the Registry as a "Possible" VIN switch and to watch for and/or inspect for this. Thanks again Nick. You can email me any information on this car to me. mikej@bigbytes.com

Mike Jewell
mikej@bigbytes.com
Old 10/13/2012, 12:27 PM   #8
quicknick
My Car Details

eBay: gtcslover

Send a message via MSN to quicknick
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingspecial View Post
Absolutely. If this is a VIN switch, we need to document this and close this VIN out as "destroyed". Any help you can get/give to this is greatly appreciated. I would need Proof Positive this was a VIN switch. I will not close this out if Undisputable Documentation does not accompany the claim. I'm glad you brought this to our attention. What I will do is flag this VIN in the Registry as a "Possible" VIN switch and to watch for and/or inspect for this. Thanks again Nick. You can email me any information on this car to me. mikej@bigbytes.com
I will follow up on this and try to get you undisputable proof. I can in the meantime, tell you for certain that this is definitely NOT the original 155981. I crawled all over this car at the car show and it is/was indeed a 67 pres blue coupe at one time. Blue paint in the trunk, no marker lights, the tail light panel was hacked out for the rear lights along with a few other clues.
A wise decision to not close this out just yet, but where there's smoke, there's fire. And I think this dealership and it's potential buyer need to informed of this.
FYI, I have no problem with clones or tribute cars(whatever you want to call them). I,m actually flattered when I see one. But when owners or dealers try to pass them off as real, that just pisses me off. And the owner I talked to tried to convince me and unsuspecting others that this is a real Cali. So no I'm on a mission to blow the lid off this one!

The man who says "He never had a chance", never took a chance.- My Grandfather
quicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2012, 12:43 PM   #9
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
Wonder if they went to the trouble to install the 2nd torque box. '67 coupes only have one.

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2012, 10:28 AM   #10
Batgirl89

My Garage
im not interested in it, just came across it and listed it. wow! you just never know! Im so glad I have this website!

Nick its great you caught this!!
Batgirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Mosesatm

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinair View Post

Neil
That's for sure.

No hood pins
No fog light switch
No rear reflectors
No side marker lights
Incorrect fog lights
Rear scripts don't line up properly
No front fender scripts
No deck lid script
It looks like the scoop screens and fog light brackets are missing
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote