• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

It seemed like a good idea at the time

Mosesatm

Most of you can relate to this story. One of my projects today was to replace the taillight gaskets in the GT/CS. More than anything else I just want to get all the new parts out of the guest bedroom and it seemed like replacing the gaskets would be a good place to start. The picture shows what I found when I removed the lens. So much for my nice easy 5 minute project!

On another note; If anyone is thinking about installing seat covers I strongly advise spending an extra 10 bucks for the good pair of hog ring pliers. The cheapies are nearly useless.

Last edited:

68sunlitgold

Arlie,
is that paint or some kind of discolorization? did it come off?

Doug

Last edited:

390cs68rcode

looks like one of my 5 minute projects.............

unscrew all bolts
notice scrathes on lenses.....polish out
steel wool lens frames
call AMK for replacement correct silver bolts
steel wool light sockets
replace gaskets
notice gaskets on backup lights need replacing
get gaskets
take lens off
clean inside of backup lights
polish backup light lenses with scratch remover
call AMK for new bolts
notice license plate light lens needs replacing
call up allclassicmustang.com for parts

yep a 5 minute quick project. :wink:

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Doug, it's blue paint. At some time the back end was painted and someone apparently forgot to tape off the lights.