• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"S" code GT/CS project for sale

clubpro

I have lost my job and I am selling my "S" code project. You can see the pictures in my gallery along with the Marti report. The body work is finished and the car is ready to be prepped for paint. The correct date code engine has been bored 30 over and is ready to be put back together. The C-6 trans needs to be freshened up as it has 96,000 miles on it. I am asking $12,500, the bodywork alone was over $10,000. This would be a great investment for someone. The Marti report states that the car is 1 of only 2 in the color combination which is Wimbledon white with the deluxe Ivy Gold interior. Send me a pm if you are interested. I hate to sell the car and never planned on selling it, but things have changed.

Cheers,

Ron

PonyGal

Ron,

I can't believe what I just read :eek: You're really going to sell your Special??

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your job. I know that it was probably a hard decision for you to actually sell your car. I hope whatever you do, things start looking up for you. Take care my friend...:sad:

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

Yes Amy,

One of the reasons that I am selling my CS is to try and grow R&R Classics. Most of the suppliers want a substantial first purchase. I appreciate your business!

Cheers,

Ron

classicsguy

Ron: I know how you feel about losing your job ,It happened to me last year,but I found another one in 1 week AND with better salary and commission.Keep your head up and be positive,It worked for me.its good that at least you have a sideline business (RNR Classics)
to keep some kind of income coming in.

You have a very desirable GT/CS,which I have the funds to purchase it. Good luck with the sale and be positive...a better job is coming your way and you have the support of the people at this forum for parts for their specials!!

HappyHour

Sorry to hear Ron...wow actual "S" code available. Hope we keep it in the family would love to see it get completed!

Goodm luck on the next phase of R&R!

mustangnut

Ron,
I feel bad for your unfortunate turn of events.......

You have very nice car and have done some great work! Is the car still available? What does it come with engine, tranny, interior - partial or full etc.

Where abouts are you located (state)? I'm only asking for transportation quotes etc.

Regards,

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

I pretty much have everything for the car. The interior needs to be redone, but it is all there. I should mention that it is a factory heater delete car since it was originally sold in Hawaii. You received a $35 rebate if you ordered the car without the heater. The engine needs to be put together and has been bored 30 over. The transmission will need a tune up because it has 96,000 miles on it and has been sitting for several years. I have N.O.S. Marchal fog lights for the car since the Hawaii cars didn't receive the recall notice on the fog lights. I have collected a lot of N.O.S. items for the car including the am radio. The bumpers need to be re-chromed. I have new upper A arms and new lower control arms. The power steering pump will need to be rebuilt. The power brake booster has been rebuilt. All of the fiberglass is in good shape. The deluxe steering wheel needs to be restored. Since the car was in pieces when I bought it you will need to buy the misc. bolt kits for the different sections of the car.

I figured that it would take less than $10,000 to complete the car depending on how much you can do yourself.

I live in Orangevale which is 20 miles east of Sacramento.

Thanks to everyone for you kind words.

Cheers,

Ron