• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Trying to track down Lime Gold CS last seen in bad shape in Oly WA 10-15 years ago

pixiegirl

Last seen in WA (Olympia) with missing side scoop, spray paint graffiti on hood, bad shape. Sat in the driveway uncared for for years.

Lime Gold with Black stripe, black interior, automatic, 8 track player

It was bought by my grandfather off the showroom floor, brand new. When he passed away it was passed around to various family members.

It was sold by my brother somewhere around 10-15 years ago. I can't believe I let it go!

If anyone knows anything about this car I would love to track it down.
I don't have the VIN or anything.

Please reply if you have any clues,
Thanks!

hookedtrout

If you could dig into the family history and find an old registration or something with the vin or ID on it, it may be in the database and we could pin it down quickly. Without that it would probably come down to someone that purchased it or knows someone that purchased it and remembers some of the details you shared here along with the location to tie it together.

Good luck!

aemoo28

I know of two lime gold CS cars in this area. I will check to see if they meet the criteria. I believe Jacksproject is one, the other was restored and brought to Roundup in 2008 (check with Bel Red Mustang- they restored the second one).

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pixiegirl

It did not have the black vinyl roof. My brother says he sold it to a guy named "Jimmy Johns" for $6500. Sigh...I am hoping he can remember something more so I can get the VIN number.

Any clue on how I could (with my brothers help) track down this vehicle sale?

OP
OP
P

pixiegirl

That is probably the one. Do you remember seeing spray paint on it? Someone had come by and put their mark on it. If I remember right it contained foul language. :-(
It was in rough condition by the time it left the driveway.

My grandfather lived in Port Orchard when he bought this car new!

OP
OP
P

pixiegirl

By the way, my name is Christy everyone. I live in Bothell WA now. I sure appreciate everyones help. It would mean the world to me to find out what happened to my grandpa's car. I guess getting to the bottom of this is my way of making amends for being young and foolish! I drove that car everywhere when I was 17. If you couldn't tell already, I had (still have really) an incredible bond with my grandfather. He passed away when I was 9 years old. This car meant a lot to him. I can only imagine how proud he must have been to get this car brand new! He would have worked hard and saved up to buy it out right. THat's how he was. anyway, just a little history there.

Again thanks everyone for helping me track the car down.

I am hoping for good news...

OP
OP
P

pixiegirl

Per the registry, Mr. Wolfe does have the exact same car I'm looking for. I'll be interested to know if it's the one!

aemoo28

Waiting to hear back from him. As I recall when talking to him, this car may be in pieces or parted out. I will let you know asap.

somethingspecial

Waiting to hear back from him. As I recall when talking to him, this car may be in pieces or parted out. I will let you know asap.

Amy, regardless of its disposition, Please try to get a VIN and let me know so I can get it into the Registry. Thanks. I hope it wasn't parted out.

somethingspecial

Per the registry, Mr. Wolfe does have the exact same car I'm looking for. I'll be interested to know if it's the one!

pixiegirl, Welcome to the site. You say Per the Registry, Do you have the VIN? What is it, that will help.

OP
OP
P

pixiegirl

No, I don't have the VIN. I just meant per the registry specs. 3 lime gold cars come up in WA, but only one has black interior (the other two say Ivy Gold). I am TRYING to find a VIN...it has proved difficult. Nobody in my family (even my brother who sold the car) seem to have any records. They have lost or misplaced all the paperwork.

My last ditch hope is that when my grandmother passed away this last year, that somebody might have come across the paperwork (she held on to everything of my grandpa's after he passed. My mom found letters he'd written as a teen in my grandma's stuff) this route is a long shot, but I plan to look into it!

I am still trying to get a hold of my mom to see if she knows anything.

I looked through millions of pictures yesterday, hoping the car might show up in an old photo so I could at least get a view of the original license plate.

I won't stop until I've exhausted all means of getting to the bottom of this.

If I find anything out I will definitely let you know!