• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 A/C Lower Duct

x-codegtcs

OK - I am looking for an AC lower/floor heating duct. I have a console car, so the duct must be compatible with the console. So I am a bit confused by what I need. I know that in 68 the consoles were trimmed in the cars for AC. I had always assumed it was for the lower duct (ignorance coming through), but have since found out that the lower duct of an AC car is different in console and non-console cars. Does anyone know where I can find a console AC lower duct? If not buy, just to get dims. Maybe to copy or even to reproduce...Thanks!

franklinair

I needed one sometime ago.Classic Auto Air has them. IIRC,$60+/-.

Neil

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

I bought one from NPD, but when it showed up the sticker on it stated it was for "Floor Duct w/o Console".

thanks for the lead Neil - I will give them a call!

mmarsalone

There is a difference in the ones for a console. Instead of having the air (heat) flow out through the center of the duct on out over over the transmission hump, the console one solid in the center with extensions on the sides so the heat will come out beyond the sides of the console. I've bought a couple off eBay in the past. Here's one on there now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-68-MUS...968|Model:Mustang&hash=item53ec528fd7&vxp=mtr

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Thanks guys! You guys are seriously the most knowledgable group of mustangers out there!

Mike - thanks for the link. It seems that the item for sale is a non-console too.

Huck, er Scott - thanks for the photo. So based on that, it seems that the Air Classic vent is in between, but closer to the consoled version.