• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fog light restoration

Ruppstang

When I got our HCS would have to admitt that I did not know that much about them. As you can see in the first pictures the Lucas light were in poor condition, rock nicked and cracked lenses, bubbles in the finish and rat chewed wireing. I was happy to find some NOS ones on ebay. I bought them and they were beautiful.
Then I began reading posts here and some other books only to find that my beautiful new lights did not have England on the glass or on the bottem of the light. I also discovered that the wire grommet was small and black on the originals and the latter replacements had a large gray grommet.

I started looking for nice original and found that they are hard to come by in show condition. As often I found help here on the forum. Neil sent me a box of old Lucas lights and Arlie sent me more with a great set of lenses and reflectors. Today I was able to make a real nice set from all the parts. Thanks so much for your help guys!
The ones I restored are not perfect but more importantly they are correct.
See what you think. the new one has the bag on the wire.
Marty

Attachments

• HCS fog light restoration 001_crop.jpg
    HCS fog light restoration 001_crop.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 45
  • HCS fog light restoration 002_crop.jpg
    HCS fog light restoration 002_crop.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 45
  • HCS fog light restoration 003_crop.jpg
    HCS fog light restoration 003_crop.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 54
  • HCS fog light restoration 004_crop.jpg