• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale GT/CS in PA on Ebay

mbsf1970

Kinda sad that the Marti report couldn't get it down to its usual 1 of 1!!
This car is 1 of 20 identical cars .....

Stephen

robert campbell

From the pics it looks like a very respectable car. Certainly, a careful eye would be warranted before any money was spent. An early production GT/CS in what is represented in the pics as great condition. Not sure what is wrong with 20 cars the same. Seems rare of rare to me and not misrepresented in any way.

If we do not have anything positive to say..... Looks like a great car to me.

Rob

CougarCJ

from the pics it looks like a very respectable car. Certainly, a careful eye would be warranted before any money was spent. An early production gt/cs in what is represented in the pics as great condition. Not sure what is wrong with 20 cars the same. Seems rare of rare to me and not misrepresented in any way.

If we do not have anything positive to say..... Looks like a great car to me.

Rob

x2......

mbsf1970

permit me to clarify.......
It was definitely not my intent to be negative in any way. My comments were simply pointing out that usually deluxe Marti reports almost always find a way to get a car down to a 1 of 1. in all the Marti's I've seen, I've never seen one only get the car in question down to a 1 in 20.
I think that perhaps my choice of the word "sad" was the issue. The word "curious" or "its unusual" might have been more appropriate.
Stephen

Don

permit me to clarify.......
Stephen

IMHO there is no need to clarify or justify. Speak freely and speak what is on your mind and ignore cyber police and cyber bullies that try to tell you what and what not to say.

franklinair

I believe Stephen was 'clarifying' what could be construed as a criticism rather than an observation.

Nice CS. 20 out of 3800+ rates as pretty rare. (Less than 1% ?)

So many cars, so little time.:undecided I need to be a millionaire & 20 years younger.:grin:

Neil

Don

I believe Stephen was 'clarifying' what could be construed as a criticism

As I said no need for justification. I find judgmental comments, of what or what is not "appropriate" commentary, to be far worse than any comments (any critic even if it was unintended to be negative) that are in the context of the subject matter.

The "sad" comment is commentary, observation, and opinion, that was made by an individual but it was not directed at anyone or could ever be construed as being a personal attack. The post that critics the post as being inappropriate (by inferring that people should post only positive or not at all) is judgmental and personal attack on those that wish to exercise their freedom of speech which is completely inappropriate IMHO.

Last edited:

robert campbell

Don,
Just to give us a moment of pause, I submit the following. The internet era has allowed the creation of these car sites and the pulpit for a user to make virtually any comment they desire. Nothing about the above was a personal attack by the "critiquer" as you indicate and I agree.

This site is the most respected site in the world for information about the GT/CS and HCS. I suspect that many buyers check this site regularly to learn about the cars. Both history and opinions on the cars, and cars currently up for sale. In the case of this site the cars are not of such astronomical value like other specialty Fords.

I use the cars of extreme value to make a point. One day in the litigious world (I hate it) a seller of a car make take action against comments that devalue the car whether factual or not. When we post our words become a record for others to capture, and map back to us personally. I am a member of other car sites and have seen very angry sellers go after the critiquing of the car on a site. Very angry! Call it defamation of "car-racter". Our comments can seriously devalue a car.

This thread and the critique are not that example. But I have seen some threads on our site get a bit caustic. Not everyone wants to purchase a concourse driver. Some just want a cool car to drive even if there is a rust bubble behind the rear tire. And to critique a car just by the pictures is unfair IMO.

I predict one day we will see a lawsuit against posters on a site. Just how this world works these days, but in the past one could sell a car without any of this critique. Certainly, many people got hurt by fakes and poor quality cars. But direct comments from people that are easily captured and tracked are a new form of evidence.

I hope that we can be constructive and positive on our site. To annotate a flaw with a cure. As a statement to our audience and to protect ourselves. My humble opinion only. By the way I have sold very few cars in my life and I am not a flipper nor have every been a used car salesman.

Rob

Don

Rob,
I understand some can get abusive with their comments and we all have different ways of communicating but the bottom line is that if someone doesn't like what is being said just ignore it and move on. I see way too many folks try to control the dialog with comments like "if you don't have anything positive to say....." and I find those types of comments more abusive than any other.

I have learned a lot from this site and much of what I have learned, and value, is from comments that tear a car apart or expose (verified intentional) misrepresentation. It is true that some of the comments can come across as caustic but I would rather hear what the horse has to say directly vs a watered down version. Those that don't like reading caustic posts should just move on instead of trying to control how others communicate.

We already have laws concerning libel and slander and those are applied, many times, to improper statements on the internet and as long as there is no attempt to defame, IMHO, everyone should feel free to speak their mind.

Last edited:

robert campbell

Don,
I understand your stance from a buyers standpoint. My wife is a power seller on Ebay. 100 percent feedback and she has bent over backwards to keep it that way. Sellers have nearly no recourse these days to false critiques or potential buyers. They used to be able to rebut the negative feedback, but not any more.

To each their own. I for one will be positive. Especially if I have no interest in the car other than posting it on a site to critique and invite others to do the same.

To expand the registry and alert others to cars for sale is a GREAT for both the buyer and the seller. We have found so many new cars for the registry. That is a good thing.

Rob

Don

Don,
........They used to be able to rebut the negative feedback, but not any more.
Rob

I have been with ebay since 1997. The feedback system has gone through many changes but, as far as I see, the ability for a seller to leave follow up comments on feedback still exists.

Mosesatm

LOL, there's a phrase that's never been uttered before!!!:grin:

robert campbell

Oh yes it has!!! How do you think I have been married for 38 years and dated her for 3 years before!!! Without my wife, I would be an idiot!!

Rob