CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Old 12/03/2020, 01:42 PM   #16
Ricky Knapik

My Garage
does the recessed rear 1/4 reflectors play a role?

A stampede is louder than a heartbeat!
Ricky Knapik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2020, 07:33 PM   #17
Mosesatm

Definitely. Cars that early would have recessed reflectors.

This getting older ain't for cowards. - John Mellencamp
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2020, 11:22 PM   #18
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968Cally View Post
Yes it could have been crashed and the hood was replaced also as there are no hood locks. If you get more pictures they may show the hood lock retainers on the radiator support. Or no trace that they were ever there.

Also, could a production car not be built exactly as a prototype might have been built? Or maybe the hood locks and grill parts were not readily available in November of '67? So, may it have been built with just the fiberglass parts, script and stripes? The Marti says nothing about California Special. Lists it as a GT.

Not sure if it being a prototype can ever be proven. Probably would have been by now. Unless there is some Dearborn worker who remembers building a few prototypes.
Again, if it was pulled from the line to be converted to a GT/CS it would not show on the Marti report. The car was already built as a regular production 1968 Mustang coupe. That is what the Marti would say.

An inspection by a knowledgeable person could identify some of the GT/CS parts and assembly. Witness lines on the scoops. Underside of the trunk lid. Wiring harness to the taillights. And so on.

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads