• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

50th Anniversary Party

Mosesatm

From what I've heard there is to be one at your house! Did you not get the memo????

Mosesatm

Wait a minute, Neil; you have a great big building that can house a lot of cars, and it's in a beautiful part of the country!

Mosesatm

In all seriousness, we discussed this a few years ago and decided Denver would be a good place for it.

If we do it Father's Day weekend we could also tour up to Steamboat for that Mustang show.

I may also be able to get our Denver management team to let us use one of our cemeteries and associated banquet room.

hatchdog

Looks like a leisurely two day drive/tow from Spokane to Denver. :grin:

OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

sorry guys could not login in. everything ok now.

I thought there would be something in the works for sometime now but can't locate anything about the GTCS turning 50.

Keep us posted if you hear anything so we can plan the trip

Gary

Mosesatm

Marty,
You may need to hire drivers to get all your cars there!

Ruppstang

Have been looking for a antique car hauler but I think Tari may veto that one. I guess I just have to pick one unless your were offering your services.

Mosesatm

Well, Steve, Rob, and I are all carless at the moment!!��

Last edited:

Ruppstang

What a dream team, not only would the cars get to the show every thing would be fixed the way!

clubpro

I was really hoping that we all would meet at the Ford plant in Milpitas (San Jose) where the cars were built. There are plenty of hotels, restaurants and the parking lot is huge. It would be a perfect place for a reunion. Just my suggestion.

Cheers,

Ron

Edward Bodoh

50th

Fabulous fords forever at Knotts berry farm has been called the biggest ford show other than Carlistle Nationals. When is that new museum opening in Charlotte?

Hopefully a venue is chosen. I would attend even out of state. Seems like Cali makes sense though as its the birth state. My 2 cents. Ed.

ratrodgta

I vote Cali, Cali, CALI. Let Denver host a High Country Special Event. Cali, Cali, Cali. By the way, the Edsel Owners Club also has events at Knott's. They just had their Edsel 60 year celebration in Dearborn. Anywhere in LA area would be great for 50 year anniversary; isn't this where most of the GT/CS's were sold? Just sayin'.......

CougarCJ

I was really hoping that we all would meet at the Ford plant in Milpitas (San Jose) where the cars were built. There are plenty of hotels, restaurants and the parking lot is huge. It would be a perfect place for a reunion. Just my suggestion.

Cheers,

Ron

The site of the San Jose plant is now a shopping mall. We could visit the monument though.

Attachments

• b368dff6-254f-471b-906c-116c80f5baab_l.jpg
    b368dff6-254f-471b-906c-116c80f5baab_l.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 78