• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Does Marti report specify stripe color on GT/CS?

classicsguy

My Marti report does not say the color of stripe for my candyapple red GT/CS Mine has a white stripe. I have seen them with black stripes too. Does each car depending on color has a set color stripe from factory? Does anyone has color of stripe specified in his/her Marti report?

Mosesatm

So far we have found no concrete reasoning for the stripe colors. There may be a connection to the interior color and the vinyl top color.

For example Jason and I both have Gulfstream Aqua cars with aqua interiors. His car has black stripes and a black vinyl top, while my car has white stripes with no vinyl top.

Last edited:

Stacey Enderle

Paint/trim codes

My Marti report does not say the color of stripe for my candyapple red GT/CS Mine has a white stripe. I have seen them with black stripes too. Does each car depending on color has a set color stripe from factory? Does anyone has color of stripe specified in his/her Marti report?

I wonder if Marti may have a code guide on the paint/trim codes? I noticed on my Marti report on the statistics, it mentions how many cars have this Paint/Trim code, but it doesn't specify the code nor what it means. I too have wondered about that too.

Stacey

miller511

Stacey,

For your particular Marti report, the paint/trim codes will be for your car. Paint definition is exterior paint color. Trim definition is interior color with either standard or deluxe amenities.
The paint/trim combos for Mustangs in 1968 were virtually any combination you can imagine. Get a copy of Kevin Marti's Mustangs by the numbers. Really good data in there. It covers 1967-1973.
The paint stripe option that might be listed on the Marti report refers to the two hood stripes from the turn signal/air vents to the botom of the windshield.
There have been discussions here in the past that talk about what color GT/CS striping went with what exterior colors/interior trim. I don't think there any hard/fast rules other than they typically contrasted with the exterior paint. I've seen the 1968 GT/CSs in the various blue colors that had either black or white stripes.

-Jeff

Stacey Enderle

Trim Codes

Stacey,

For your particular Marti report, the paint/trim codes will be for your car. Paint definition is exterior paint color. Trim definition is interior color with either standard or deluxe amenities.
The paint/trim combos for Mustangs in 1968 were virtually any combination you can imagine. Get a copy of Kevin Marti's Mustangs by the numbers. Really good data in there. It covers 1967-1973.
The paint stripe option that might be listed on the Marti report refers to the two hood stripes from the turn signal/air vents to the botom of the windshield.
There have been discussions here in the past that talk about what color GT/CS striping went with what exterior colors/interior trim. I don't think there any hard/fast rules other than they typically contrasted with the exterior paint. I've seen the 1968 GT/CSs in the various blue colors that had either black or white stripes.

-Jeff

Jeff,

Thankyou for the useful information, where can I get a copy of Kevin Marti's Mustangs by the numbers? I love to get one.:smile:

Stacey

BroadwayBlue

Stacey,

-Jeff

Are we sure that this is the stripe it refers to? I thought it was the pin stripe option.

I have seen two options listed in 1968

Two-tone hood paint $19
Accent paint stripe $14

Rich

Last edited:

miller511

Interesting... So could you get a side stripe (pin stripe) option as well as a CS option? Now THAT would be a rare combo.

CALIF GIRL

Hicountry Bob's red 428 HCS has the pin stripe. I think it looks great.

rvrtrash

As per an earlier thread, I believe mine is supposed to have the pin stripe also. The Marti says "Red Paint Stripe". I keep meaning to go get some pin striping at the paint store, just to see if I like it, but haven't done it yet.

Steve

miller511

Sorry guys and gals. I originally envisioned a side "C" stripe. And , of course thought that would look very "unique" with a CS stripe. Now I know we are talking about "pin striping" near the top of the side.
can some post or reference pics of this combo?

BroadwayBlue

I know I posted these once before in another thread but let's put them here too for reference. This is what I believe to be an example of the accent "pin" stripe.

I remember someone mocking up a picture too I think that Steve's (rvrtrash) thread with the White CS and a Red Stripe to see how it looks.

Recalling that thread is what made be think we were talking about 2 different type of stripes.

Attachments

• 787d_12.jpg
    787d_12.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 7401_12.jpg
    7401_12.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 7636_12.jpg
    7636_12.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 21