CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 10/03/2007, 07:46 PM   #16
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

I purchased the LEDs that replace the bulbs for my GT/CS. I also purchased the flasher that makes the turn signals sequential. I love them.

I also purchased the whole taillights that look like the GT/CS taillights for my 65 convertible. When I was leaving the Queen Mary car show, Mike (somethingspecial) asked to see the sequential lights. They didn't work. The light would just illuminate very brightly on the side I turned the signal on, but no flashing and no sequential operation. So I called the Mustang Projecta few days later and explained the problem. They confirmed my suspicion that it needed a new flasher unit. So they took my mailing information and said they would ship it that day. I asked them if they needed my credit card info and they informed me that the replacement was free because it had a lifetime gaurantee. I got the unit today, installed it, and now have my sequential turn signals again.

In my opinion this is a great product and the company stands behind it. I couldn't ask for more.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2007, 10:28 PM   #17
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

I want them! Who makes house calls? (I mean road calls)

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2007, 10:34 PM   #18
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I purchased the LEDs that replace the bulbs for my GT/CS. I also purchased the flasher that makes the turn signals sequential. I love them.

I also purchased the whole taillights that look like the GT/CS taillights for my 65 convertible. When I was leaving the Queen Mary car show, Mike (somethingspecial) asked to see the sequential lights. They didn't work. The light would just illuminate very brightly on the side I turned the signal on, but no flashing and no sequential operation. So I called the Mustang Projecta few days later and explained the problem. They confirmed my suspicion that it needed a new flasher unit. So they took my mailing information and said they would ship it that day. I asked them if they needed my credit card info and they informed me that the replacement was free because it had a lifetime gaurantee. I got the unit today, installed it, and now have my sequential turn signals again.

In my opinion this is a great product and the company stands behind it. I couldn't ask for more.
That makes sense, on the original cars they had heavy duty flashers installed.

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2007, 06:28 PM   #19
GTCSTexan
My Car Details

Is there a way to have non-LED sequential tail lights on the GT/CS?
GTCSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2007, 07:15 PM   #20
Mosesatm

You can use a dynamite stick. Not sure which vendors sell them but Tony Branda probably does.

http://store.cobranda.com/19shtadysts.html
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2007, 06:48 PM   #21
wally05
My Car Details

I like Apple Juice

You can buy the non sequential LED kit. That is what I bought.

2008.5 Bullitt-#1911****
1968 GT/CS-Acapulco Blue/Black Interior
-J-code with 3-speed....
*Thanks, BroadwayBlue!*
wally05 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads