• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Driver's door

franklinair

I need a driver's door for my current project. The original took a really hard hit, and ended up as a Bondo sculpture. I bought a door skin for it, but it's a piece of junk.
Does anyone make/sell QUALITY door skins, or perhaps a QUALITY door shell?
The car is about ready for primer/paint but this door is holding things up. I may end up pulling the door off my Black CS in order to save time, but inevitably I'll need a door.

Neil

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 65

Mosesatm

Neil,
If you still need a door I have a line on one here in Houston. I haven't looked at it but am told it's in good shape except for the typical rust spot on the bottom front.
If you're interested I'll take a look at it and drive it out to you if it's any good.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Sounds good to me. I found one locally, but it's rusted beyond redemption. Also, I spotted a '69 Mustang with headrests- but have to talk the owner into selling. :-( It would work in my CS.
Mike said he MIGHT have a door, but logistics are a problem- CA to NC.

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

GOT IT !
'68 door, surface rust only. No holes, no dings.
Doing my rust treatment: cleaning, ospho, Eastwood anti rust paint.

Neil

whodat

Neil I have a pair of 69 seat backs with headrests that you can have. I could remove the foam to reduce weight. If you want them let me know. They need to be redone anyway.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Absolutely. Ship them to me as-is. Let me know of any cost involved, and I'll reimburse you.
Thank you, thank you! I'll PM my shipping address.

Neil