• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tough choice: S-code 1967 GTA fastback or S-code GT/CS?

classicsguy

I recently purchased a 1967 GTA Fastback S-code for restoration, The car is complete but needs a total restoration. I have the opportunity to buy a 1968 GT/CS S-code 4-speed California Special. I already have someone interested in the fastback in case I decide to sell. The GT/CS needs a paint job and engine detailing. Which one should I keep? I like the fastback style but would have prefered the 4 speed. I like the California Special because there were few made with the Big Block and its also a true GT. The matter of fact is that I can only have one due to finances and garage space, Please let me know your opinions on which one to keep and why? The opinions are all welcome and will determine my final decision. Thanks to all who take their time to reply.

P

PNewitt

Not that I'm biased, but I'd go for the GT/CS.

They only made 111 of the 390 / 4-speed for the GT/CS. I think there were "a lot more" of the 390 GTA fastback made...

Just a guess--but perhaps there's only about 40-50 of these 390 4-speed GT/CS cars left out there?

Paul.