• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Almost done!

AADaddy

Been a long time since I've posted. Had meant to post a lot over the past year about the progress of the car but been too occupied! But you all know the story.
Cut this out, weld this in, sand that, adjust the fiberglass, adjust the fiberglass again, then adjust it one more time. Ha! Just got my car out of paint though. Sitting a little weird in the pics because it just came off a lift it had been on for a few days and the motor is not in it. Car is back to it's original Presidential Blue Color. Jim and I can be twinsies now if we ever cross paths locally at shows! LOL! Promise I will post more when it's done 100% in the next couple months.

Attachments

• 2018Finish2.jpg
    2018Finish2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 2019Finish.jpg
    2019Finish.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 2019Finish3.jpg
    2019Finish3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Rob I have a 408 Stroker I'm running in it. When I put it back in I'm installing a Borla 8-stack injection setup on it. Should be fun! Still have the original 289 and C4 for the car in my garage. Figured I'd save it for the next guy if he wants a boring car. LOL!

Mosesatm

Twin sons from different mothers!

Attachments

• BFB23381-DF29-4721-8B68-831FFC7D1032.jpg
    BFB23381-DF29-4721-8B68-831FFC7D1032.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

robert campbell

Rob I have a 408 Stroker I'm running in it. When I put it back in I'm installing a Borla 8-stack injection setup on it. Should be fun! Still have the original 289 and C4 for the car in my garage. Figured I'd save it for the next guy if he wants a boring car. LOL!

A brother from another mother!!! Way cool. I have a client that has been wanting 8 stack on a 347 crate motor in a very beautiful 1932 Ford High Boy. He is ready to pull the trigger soon and I am steering him towards Borla. I have talked with Ed and Borla extensively and they really service what they sell from what I can see. Keep us posted on this conversion. I am really interested in what you experience along the way.

Rob

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Cool! Will keep you posted for sure. I had originally tried to get the Inglese Setup that Fast is selling. What a joke. Ordered in September and finally gave up a couple weeks ago. Their customer service is really bad too. Borla guys are really good to deal with from what I can tell. There is a guy on the Vintage Mustang Forum page on Facebook that shows the 8 stack installed on his 427 Stroker motor. Looks really nice. Plus no clearance issues. I've been very worried about that so I went with smaller stacks.

robert campbell

Sent you a p.m. Can you send a link to the Vintage Mustang Forum 8 stack? I would like to look at it.

Rob

p51

...When I put it back in I'm installing a Borla 8-stack injection setup...

Just curious... What setup are you using for the FI fuel system? Return-style? Returnless? What fuel tank?

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

P51 forgot to respond to you. Sorry I don't know some of the details. I'm a little knew to the EFI setups like this. A buddy of mine that has a shop is helping me. It runs off the Fast EZ EFI system. I ordered a Holley Sniper Tank. Was planning to use Aeromotive but they have a 5-6 week back order right now. Holley recently rolled out these new tanks and the pumps are a little bigger than the Aero tanks. Figured I'd give it a try. I'm also using the larger 1970 tank instead of the standard 68 tank.

p51

P51 forgot to respond to you. Sorry I don't know some of the details. I'm a little knew to the EFI setups like this. A buddy of mine that has a shop is helping me. It runs off the Fast EZ EFI system. I ordered a Holley Sniper Tank. Was planning to use Aeromotive but they have a 5-6 week back order right now. Holley recently rolled out these new tanks and the pumps are a little bigger than the Aero tanks. Figured I'd give it a try. I'm also using the larger 1970 tank instead of the standard 68 tank.

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted on how the install goes.

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Look what showed up the other day!

Attachments

• IMG_0680 (1).jpg
    IMG_0680 (1).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Motor is in! Just fits. The Global West Export brace I used before no longer fits. Monte Carlo bar is a little tight with the Distributor. Talking to Mike Meir, Inc about creating a custom export setup. Probably about 1" of clearance above the stacks to the hood.

Attachments

• IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 42

Mosesatm

Have you looked at this support system?