• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Disc Brake Conversion Complete

hookedtrout

Got my CS back today from the shop, front disc's installed and working wonderful. Front end allignment next on the agenda.

Cory

rvrtrash

Congrats! Now you won't have to worry so much about brake fade when you're running it hard.

Steve

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I'm pretty sure it's a Stainless Steel Brake System or something along those lines. Sure works better than the old drums.

Cory

carezcs

Cory, does yours allow you to still run 14" rims? I want to convert mine but a lot of the ones out there have to be used with 15" rims and I want to keep my Argent wheels.
Bruce

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Cory, does yours allow you to still run 14" rims? I want to convert mine but a lot of the ones out there have to be used with 15" rims and I want to keep my Argent wheels.
Bruce

Yes it does, I can find out all the specifics if you would like from the mechanic. That was one of the requirements when I handed over the keys, the stock styled steel wheels must fit without issue.

Cory