• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Air cleaner for 390s Code GTCS

felviner

I am looking for a complete air cleaner to go on my GTCS 390S code preferably new but will be happy to buy good old original complete with snorcle and all as long as in working condition , if new what do you suggest I see Scott drake but is it concourse correct for the money it costs .
Thanks in advance

CougarCJ

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C7ZZ-9600-C.aspx?wid=141

As far as I am aware, the above is the only reproduction base, but made for 1967 390 GT's. This version has the elbow and can be used on a 1968 with IMCO. (there is also a version without elbow)
Pretty sure that a true 1968 S code air cleaner base, has a round valve on the side. Export cars normally did not get the IMCO emissions. Meaning a closed crank case system with PCV. Is your GT/CS an exported car? Do you care?

OP
OP
felviner

felviner

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C7ZZ-9600-C.aspx?wid=141

As far as I am aware, the above is the only reproduction base, but made for 1967 390 GT's. This version has the elbow and can be used on a 1968 with IMCO. (there is also a version without elbow)
Pretty sure that a true 1968 S code air cleaner base, has a round valve on the side. Export cars normally did not get the IMCO emissions. Meaning a closed crank case system with PCV. Is your GT/CS an exported car? Do you care?

As far as I know the GTCS is not an export as we bought it from Ohio and he was the second or 3rd owner not sure but the car was made for USA sale
I would like one that is as close to original as possible even if it's repro.

OP
OP
felviner

felviner

As far as I know the GTCS is not an export as we bought it from Ohio and he was the second or 3rd owner not sure but the car was made for USA sale
I would like one that is as close to original as possible even if it's repro.

Thanks for your reply by the way , I saw the link to the Scott drake A/cleaner and I've seen it before I just want to be sure it's the right one to buy before I commit to buying.
Regards Eric

J_Speegle

Here is what one looks like You'll need the Snorkel, S tube and heat shield if they are not there.
f
Please ignore all the other distractions like the green vacuum hose

Sorry had to post from our site (Photobucket apparently doesn't play well with the new Foxfire) and our host places the site name automatically

6-130616215221.jpeg

6-130616215207.jpeg

6-130616215156.jpeg