• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New diecast - Red GT/CS and Gold HCS

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I think this was mentioned in another thread, but Green Light Toys is releasing two more colors in their 1:18th scale Specials. They contacted me with the following info and asked if I wanted to buy some in bulk.

So if you'd be interested post here or PM me (no commitment at this stage, just gauging interest). Once I get an idea on numbers I can find out if pricing would be worth our while. They'll be available through other sources too, but maybe there will be a savings doing it this way.

GreenLightMustangs.jpg

hookedtrout

Having purchased a couple of these when the Acapulco Blue edition came out I'll try and help everyone out here on how to purchase one.

The reference to the models made by Jon (admin) was just an FYI, I assume. You need to go to greenlight by following the link below and either purchase from them or click the link "where to buy" on their website to find a retailer that sells their product. I used the link to Die Cast Alley when I made my purchases.

I could be wrong but I don't believe anyone here at CS.Com sells the product everyone just tries to keep everyone else posted when they have new related items.

Hope this helps.

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/products.html?q=products&page=33&catid=5&scaleid=1

Cory

tomcwarren

Cory,

Read Jon's original post. He was asked if we'd like to do a bulk buy - he's gauging the number of members that would like one of the new models, and then he's going to see if he can get a discount.

If that fails, then we'll have to find a distributor, as you pointed out.

Tom

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yup, as Tom said. Green Light approached me about buying multiple cases to resell to CS.com members. This would be a one time thing and I wouldn't be making a profit on it. I just wanted to see whether we could save people enough money to make it worth the hassle.

Mosesatm

Having purchased a couple of these when the Acapulco Blue edition came out I'll try and help everyone out here on how to purchase one.

The reference to the models made by Jon (admin) was just an FYI, I assume. You need to go to greenlight by following the link below and either purchase from them or click the link "where to buy" on their website to find a retailer that sells their product. I used the link to Die Cast Alley when I made my purchases.

I could be wrong but I don't believe anyone here at CS.Com sells the product everyone just tries to keep everyone else posted when they have new related items.

Hope this helps.

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/products.html?q=products&page=33&catid=5&scaleid=1

Cory

I purchased mine from Diecastalley.com. on a pre-order basis. Looks like I should have waited!

Attachments

• Diecast Alley Gold HCS Order.jpg
    Diecast Alley Gold HCS Order.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 37

njmop

New GT/CS & HCS at Co-Worker's Site up to 25% off

http://mivasecure.abac.com/rdtwcollectable1/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MCG118

www.rdtw.com

The site above is from a guy at my work. He is a Greenlight dealer with the new GT/CS and HCS on pre-order. I think he ordered these specifically because of my car, but I can't be sure ;-)

Anyway if you join his mailing list I THINK you get 25% off when you sign in on the website, so it brings the price down a good bit. I can say he's a good guy and does a good business, so if you don't want to purchase in bulk, maybe give him a try.

You can always PM me with any questions, but I have no affiliation other than knowing this dealer and knowing he's a good guy.

njmop

$41.25 for HCS/ GT/CS if you Sign Up (save $13)

FYI, I just cofirmed my price online...

$54 Price on www.rdtw.com for HCS GT/CS turns to $41.25 once I sign in to my account...so sign up for an account before you order!!!

Again, this is an FYI and I am not the dealer, but if you are going to buy, save a few bucks!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I just heard back from GreenLight. For 18 cars the price would come down to $29.99, but that doesn't include shipping from them me or shipping from me to you. I'll try to calculate that cost tonight.

But the other question is can we get 18 orders?

donsonn

I will take 1 of each, But i live in Canada. Anyone else up here like one as well, to make shipping worth while?

Diesel Donna

Somebody let me know when they make a lime gold one with white stripes....the most popular color in 1968 and they haven't produced one yet....go figure. :sad:

Ruppstang

I just heard back from GreenLight. For 18 cars the price would come down to $29.99, but that doesn't include shipping from them me or shipping from me to you. I'll try to calculate that cost tonight.

But the other question is can we get 18 orders?

Jon,
You can count on me for a red one. Let me know the final figure. Marty