• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Console light PRNDL Not lining up

wallace

All,

So I installed my 1968 Ford Console in my Lime Gold.

I inserted the plastic shifter plate into the auto trans floor shifter (2 pegs into two holes) and attached the rod which attaches to the light.

Problem is the light is not lining up with the P R N D L when I shift. It is off about 1/2 inch or so.

Console fits great otherwise!

Did the shifter plastic rod come in two different lengths? I think if the plastic rod that attaches to shifter and to light were 1/2 or so longer it would be perfect. Are the aftermarket rods shorter than the original?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Wally

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wallace

Prnd12

Figured it out myself. The little tab that the shifter rod sticks into was bent forward thus causing the misalignment.

Fits perfectly now. Wallace

Last edited: