I have owned my GT/CS since 1997.
I used her as my daily driver from 1997 up until 2005.
In April 2016 I started the long process of getting her up and running again.
I bought and had the following installed:
- 4 new BF Goodrich tires (April 2016)
- new Motorcraft Group 24F battery (June 16)
In late June 2016, I took my GT/CS to Mo Muscle Cars (www.momusclecars.com
) to get repair and maintenance work done to get the GT/CS in excellent running condition again. Mo Muscle Cars is up in North of Houston in Woodlands/Conroe. They have a really nice shop with all kinds of classics they service - they do everything up there they even fabricate parts if need be. They do really good quality work.
Mo Muscle Cars changed out the GT/CS' whole fuel system (June / July 2016):
- new fuel tank
- new fuel lines
- new fuel pump
- new fuel filter
- new hoses
- new points
- Edelbrock carburetor rebuilt
Once all the new fuel system parts were installed she turned over like a champ and has been running real nice ever since (July 2016)!
Also I had Mo Muscle Cars do some other repairs and some preventative maintenance (July to Sept 2016):
- horn fixed
- hood integrated turn signals fixed
- brake flush
- coolant flush
- new thermostat installed
I went ahead and had the A/C repaired at Neil's Auto A/C (http://www.neilsautoair.com):
- new condenser (Nov 2016)
- new drier (Nov 2016)
Both of these AC parts are made by Classic Auto Air (https://originalair.com/restoration-ford-condensers
) so they are judging quality reproduction parts.
And more importantly, as of November 2016, my GT/CS is cooling again with a functional A/C!
- GT/CS in excellent running condition with working A/C. Come and check her out!
- Real GT/CS with Marti Report.
- Matching numbers (engine/transmission).
- Engine and transmission rebuilt (2001).
- Factory A/C, PS, Automatic, Disc brakes (manual).
- Candyapple Red is its original color.
- Lots of new parts (fuel system, A/C, tires, battery).
- I have kept parts along the way as I replace them and have all my receipts and repair bills going back to 1997.
- I have several magazines featuring the GT/CS.
Needs a paint job. The GT/CS has dark red paint color now, it is supposed to be candyapple red, which is a bright red.
Mike in Houston, TX
PS: Here's a description I posted way back in 2006 about its characteristics: