CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/26/2010, 08:22 PM   #1
mike in CA

I am Convinced People on Craigslist Can't Read

As most of you know, I have been looking for a 68 GT/CS for a while now. So from a suggestion on this forum, I posted an ad on Craigslist for a finders fee to find me a car. I posted it today with extremely clear criteria on what I am looking for and will accept. I have been slammed with e-mails today from people telling me about a car in San Diego that does not even come close to what I specified in my post. I am now convinced that nobody reads past the title on Craigslist ads. I was also told by a guy that I would not be able to find a GT/CS under 40K and they are closer to 70K. I really think some people do not realize the economy has colapsed in this country. Now I can see a car in show condition or a nice 390 car being over 40K, but all of them, even in driver or worse condition. Give me a break. I had a guy try to sell me a rusted out non running hulk for 10K today. Geez, are people for real! I know craigslist is rampent with scammers and flakes, but today has been rediculous. Whew, now I feel better. I just had to vent.

Cheers

Mike
mike in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2010, 05:28 AM   #2
classicsguy

Mike: I agree with you,still with economy as it is I have seen a lot of cars overpriced. In the case of the GT/CS since there are less than 2000 survivors believed to exist owners sometimes tend to overprice rusty cars due to their rarity and the fact that few are left. Hang in there and the right car will come along. Also consider cars that are out of California if the right car comes along. I found mine in Indiana. As I said these are becoming scarce and you should try to get the best car for your budget and the economy being the way it is owners will accept offers and you can offset the freight costs with getting a better price on the car. Good luck!!
classicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike in CA View Post
As most of you know, I have been looking for a 68 GT/CS for a while now. So from a suggestion on this forum, I posted an ad on Craigslist for a finders fee to find me a car. I posted it today with extremely clear criteria on what I am looking for and will accept. I have been slammed with e-mails today from people telling me about a car in San Diego that does not even come close to what I specified in my post. I am now convinced that nobody reads past the title on Craigslist ads. I was also told by a guy that I would not be able to find a GT/CS under 40K and they are closer to 70K. I really think some people do not realize the economy has colapsed in this country. Now I can see a car in show condition or a nice 390 car being over 40K, but all of them, even in driver or worse condition. Give me a break. I had a guy try to sell me a rusted out non running hulk for 10K today. Geez, are people for real! I know craigslist is rampent with scammers and flakes, but today has been rediculous. Whew, now I feel better. I just had to vent.

Cheers

Mike
Heck, for 40k I might even be willing to part with mine.
Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2010, 02:09 PM   #4
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
Surprised that they can't read?
Heck, lots of them can't even spell, and use very poor grammar.

No child held back.

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions