• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 68 california special carb

green56

Does any body have a 2100 2bbl carb for sale need for a 68 GT/CS looking for oem Tom from WI

robert campbell

Both links look like good choices. Hope you get it adjusted in correct and our happy. Bench setting a carb is one thing, wet testing a carb is the only way to be sure.

Back in the day if I remember correctly Pony Carbs had an engine on a stand that they would wet test the carbs on. You may want to ask whether either of the links provides a wet test service. Well worth the money IMO.

Rob

Ruppstang

I have a 2100 we took off my sons 67 289 with a automatic transmission last month to put on a 4100 4V.
Pony Carbs did the restore on it and it ran well.
I would sell it for $175 plus shipping.
Let me know if you want pictures.

OP
OP
G

green56

68 carb

is it a oem carb would it have to be rebuilt now if you can would you send pictures Rob if it needs rebuilding would you rebuild it Tom WI

Ruppstang

is it a oem carb would it have to be rebuilt now if you can would you send pictures Rob if it needs rebuilding would you rebuild it Tom WI

Yes it is a OEM carb. It has a 1967 tag on it. It was running well on my son's car so it should not need to be rebuilt. I seem to have misplaced my camera. I'll get some pictures as soon as I locate it.
Marty

OP
OP
G

green56

carb

Rob that is the company i had rebuiled the carb that i have now was not happy with them it would not run right from the start.but did the best adjustment to keep the car running Tom WI

CougarCJ

Tom, it would be helpful if you could determine the 1968 Ford part number of your desired carburetor. There would be three possibilities: 289-2V with automatic C8ZF-G sometimes stamped 8Z G, 289-2V with manual transmission C8AF-AK, 390-2V only with automatic C8WF-A. These are all shorthand numbers the basic carburetor number is 9510.