• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS in Seattle

stangfan

Nice looking car. Wonder why the PO painted the engine gold and black. Obviously to match the exterior colours, but why...?

Batgirl89

Nice looking car. Wonder why the PO painted the engine gold and black. Obviously to match the exterior colours, but why...?
Ya what is it with people. My GT/CS is metallic grey and the PO did the same. metallic grey engine and valve covers......it looks awful!

Mosesatm

That's why I call them former owners instead of previous owners.

McGuire

Wtb gt/cs

New to this forum. Interested in this car. But in no way an expert... know only enough to get me in trouble:undecided. Noticed that the rear valance(under bumper) does not have any exhaust cut outs(formed) into it. I have been told that this is most likely due to the "GT" package group not being ordered. But then would it not have manual breaks(4x drums)then and not power assisted as can be seen in the pictures? Or is this the infamous 6 cylinder car? Don't like the gold under the hood either.... Although the ford blue and sunlit gold is a eye burning contract.... Thx for reading and the feedback.

franklinair

WELCOME.
The 'C' designation in the VIN indicates a 289 V8 engine. They did not come from the factory with the GT equipment group, or dual exhaust with that engine.
The photos reveal Power Steering pump, Power Brake booster, and the seller says the air cond compressor was previously removed. A nicely optioned model. I personally don't believe its value to be $18,500, but that's just my opinion.
Nice looking car with potential, but I'd want someone to personally inspect it. A lot can happen (deteriorate) over 46 years.

Neil

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Welcome to the forum McGuire! You have come to the right place to get advice on purchasing a GT/CS.
The GT Equipment option is only available for J-code (302-4v engine) S-code (390 4v engine) and R-code (428ci) Not sure if the (X-code) 390-2v had the GT equipment but somebody might chime in on this one.
Power brakes are a separate option on these cars.

McGuire

Thank you gentlemen for the feedback.

looking for a sunlit gold GT/CS well optioned(GT package + delux interior) prefer with black vynal top. No trailer queens or customed in any way. Number matching motor/trans and 4 speed. Airco not really necessary here in Belgium.

Have come across 1 earlier this year but the price was not what I want to pay.

Any suggestions or tips would again be appreciated.:icon_lol:

Regards,

Eric

mbsf1970

Was 25 minutes away from this car this morning but wasn't up for the detour it would have taken to get there....owner didn't 't want to be called before 10a.m. And I was on road before then.....btw, car is in Oregon, not Seattle.

Stephen

McGuire

It does have 85% of what I am looking for indeed. The 4 speed would make it an almost match.

Do you think the price is in line with the car? Was hoping to get something like that for no more then $22-24k.

Perhaps I need to review my budget if this is not realistic.... It seams they are only getting more expensive each year.:undecided

Mosesatm

The dealer has had this car for some time now so you could definitely make a low offer and see what happens. He needs to get rid of the car soon because winter is on its way and the market for classic cars falls in the winter. Plus it looks like this guy may not have indoor storage so the car will be outside sitting in the snow.

That said, if it's a GT and if it's in near-perfect condition, I think it's probably worth something in the $28,000 range.

I ordered a Marti Report on August 2nd. Still waiting.

McGuire

Thx mosesatm for your thoughts.

When do you expect the Marti report?

As for the the car in WI. If I were to make an offer any good suggestions to what port to be shipped from? And transport company to get to the port? Need to calculate this into my budget as well.

E

robert campbell

The dealer has had this car for some time now so you could definitely make a low offer and see what happens. He needs to get rid of the car soon because winter is on its way and the market for classic cars falls in the winter. Plus it looks like this guy may not have indoor storage so the car will be outside sitting in the snow.

That said, if it's a GT and if it's in near-perfect condition, I think it's probably worth something in the $28,000 range.

I ordered a Marti Report on August 2nd. Still waiting.

Arlie,
Another early car. This car is nearly a clone of mine. Recessed reflectors and such. You ordered a Marti so you have the VIN? Is this car near the group of the other early cars?

Rob

Mosesatm

Rob,
I think it's J140036, which places it in the February 9th time frame.

robert campbell

Arlie,
8 grand tach.... Deluxe interior...... Air conditioning..... Gold Nugget paint scheme...... Possible GT option.... hmmmmm....

One clue is the Anniversary Gold vice Sunlit Gold. But my Marti says Sunlit Gold, but I think it is wrong. My car is a lot more "brown" than Sunlit Gold. I sometimes wonder about the accuracy of the Marti report. Way back a couple of years ago I challenged the dealer code on some Marti reports. I contacted the sales representative of Smith Gandy Ford where my car was sold and he says my dealer code was incorrect. He used to write this code down hundreds of times a week. It was ingrained in his brain...

Rob

robert campbell

opps, and Marchal's and a lower console. My car minus the rear window defroster, and convenience group, but an added 8 grand tach and air.....

Rob

sportyworty

It is a nice looking car. Would like to see the Marti. Early J code. If it is a GT the door tag axle ratio would confirm if they do not have the report. Lots of liberties taken under the hood. The 8k tach would be an extra cost option called out on the report or perhaps it is an original 4 sp. The dual quad exhaust is GT but it has a non GT gas cap.