• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Original 68 Trunk Extension - price valid?

gazrox

I haven't seen a single go for that price before - it depends on how badly you want an original. Seems high to me which is probably why it hasnt sold. An auction usually gives you a good idea of market value, but he hasn't given you that option.

I bought replacements from Branda for $80 each;

http://www.cobranda.com/fiberglass8.html

Don't know how well they fit as I haven't got that far yet!!

GT/CS S Code

My "junque" ...?

Wow, if he can get anywhere NEAR that sort of money out of his old spare parts, maybe I should list some of my old "junque" too? I'd settle for WAY less than that for my stuff!
:grin:
(... and it would make more room in my storage area too!)
:wink:
Maybe we should start a "what's in your spare parts" thread? Hmmm ... nope that could get scary!
:eek:

Attachments

• My junque.jpg
    My junque.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 26
  • My junque 2.jpg
    My junque 2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 29
  • My junque 3.jpg
    My junque 3.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 31
  • My junque 4.jpg
    My junque 4.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 31
  • My junque 5.jpg
    My junque 5.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 28
  • My junque 6.jpg
    My junque 6.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 26

obwan93001

Is this price in the ballpark? $485?
Wow!!

http://tinyurl.com/yyfsv4f

That is ridiculous, maybe someone w/the cash at their disposal wouldn't mind but man, I know of alot of other things I can get for my CS for that amount of money.

I remember seeing that same one, same seller on ebay almost 2 yrs ago, gee wonder why it isn't selling, hmmmm. Could it be...... THE PRICE!

I'm w/Neil on the repop Glaziers ones seeing I'm not building a concours correct CS ( I may have to replace one or both of mine in the future unless I can salvage them).

Wow, if he can get anywhere NEAR that sort of money out of his old spare parts, maybe I should list some of my old "junque" too? I'd settle for WAY less than that for my stuff!
:grin:
(... and it would make more room in my storage area too!)
Maybe we should start a "what's in your spare parts" thread? Hmmm ... nope that could get scary!
:eek:

GT/CS S Code, are those original, functional Shelby scoops you have there? If so, I'm certain you alret know them Shelby peeps would give a left or right you know wut to get one if needed, heehee. Of course it's entirely up to you what you want to do w/your left over original parts. I like to keep that stuff in the case I ever want to reuse them or sell the car. God forbid I have to sell my CS but you never know.

GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code, are those original, functional Shelby scoops you have there? If so, I'm certain you alret know them Shelby peeps would give a left or right you know wut to get one if needed, heehee. Of course it's entirely up to you what you want to do w/your left over original parts. I like to keep that stuff in the case I ever want to reuse them or sell the car. God forbid I have to sell my CS but you never know.

It's only one original Shelby scoop (I think from a 67) that is in my spare parts pile, and it's in pretty rough shape, but maybe I SHOULD put it on eBay with a $10.00 starting bid just to see how crazy the "lurkers" would get?