• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Update on CS stripe price+a couple resto questions

mnut

Just an FYI...I spoke to Steve(nice guy!) the "stripe man" from CA yesterday and ordered my CS stripe kit.The kit,including measurements from Paul's book,is now $100.00 plus shipping.I feel safer with a fresh cut set rather than an off the shelf brand even though they may be $20.00 less! Just my opinion.
I asked a few extra questions on color resto and twist lock washer glue in my "CS stripe installation" help thread a few days ago.Would someone mind looking at my inquiry to answer a couple more questions I had there? Then I won't repeat them here.I'm ready to do some detailing now that I'm putting mine back together after a fresh paint job.
I forgot to look before I leaped when I popped off the thin washers under the twist locks...are the washers perfectly centered with the hole of the hood?Can they be a little "off" and still have the twist hooks latch onto the catch bar?
Also,I was lucky enough to notice that I had one original foam tape strip at the edge of my decklid.Thanks to Steve telling me where to look before I stripped the car,,I carefully removed it for a later re-installation after resto since it seems that they are normally gone on most CS cars.
Thanks in advance for the help.
I hope I'm not being a nuisance with all these questions? I just want to put it back together correctly,not for show or concours,just a correct driver.No one around here has a CS so I'm sorta on my own wingin' it.Without this informed and much appreciated site of CS lovers,I'd be lost.Thanks again to all who have written to give me some help.Seems like I've made some friends already.I'm taking it slow with the reassembly so I may shoot some more questions.Don't say I didn't warn ya!...LOL!!.

Bob in Ohio

nfrntau

Y'all correct me if I'm wrong, like I need to say that!
The washer for your hood pins can be moved to center your pin over the engagement thingy below ( I know it has a name??). I haven't had to reinstall mine yet but have given a little thought to it. I would use a 1/4 to 1/2" wooden dowel from the top. Center the dowel in the hood hole as vertical as possible and adjust the engagement thingy as best as you can to be under the dowel. Then use the washer to get your final adjustment.
Of coarse this method will only work if you already have the hood holes in place.