• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Quarter Panels

teamlo

What are people doing that need to replace quarter panels? My '68 GT needs new quarters (skins will do), and it's an early production car with the 2 piece reflector and bezel. I understand that the currently available full quarter panels do not have the correct 1968 C-scoop contour. I am prepared to modify a late 1968 model panel or skin to include the 2-piece reflector. I am more concerned with getting the C-scoop contour correct. NOS is out of reach financially. Any help is really appreciated. Some of these parts vendors I have spoken with are clueless about the difference. Thank you.

PFSlim

When restoring our GT/CS, I ordered full rear quarters from Mustangs Unlimited. They came in and were fine at the C-scoop. We had our paint guy cut off the old rear quarters leaving a lip at the top and a lip at the door jam, lip on the back. He then glued the rear quarter on the car, welded in the wheel well area. Car really turned out great.

You can take a look at our gallery page (in red letters on far left side for complete restoration photo's under Paul & Brian Stevenson)

Paul

Attachments

• Stang8.JPG
    Stang8.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 21
  • WofW064.JPG
    WofW064.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 16