• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Got Pebble Beige GT/CS??

P

PNewitt

I'm working on the registry, and...

...has anyone out there ever owned, seen, or known about a "Pebble Beige" GT/CS?

I think the paint code is "6" or "G".

I've only heard of one in Las Vegas, years ago., but none since. I would imagine that the only stripe color would be black. I'd think that after 38 years, that they'd all be painted 'something else" by now.

Anything would be helpful. Any photos (in Beige) would be great, too.

Thanks, Paul.

hookedtrout

Sounds like you're getting down to the needle in a haystack stuff in your book, how's it coming?

Cory

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'll have all kinds of needles to show you all once the book is out.

Paul.

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
I'm working on the registry, and...

...has anyone out there ever owned, seen, or known about a "Pebble Beige" GT/CS?

I think the paint code is "6" or "G".

I've only heard of one in Las Vegas, years ago., but none since. I would imagine that the only stripe color would be black. I'd think that after 38 years, that they'd all be painted 'something else" by now.

Anything would be helpful. Any photos (in Beige) would be great, too.

Thanks, Paul.

Here's a link to Pebble Biege:

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/68colors.html

... but it's not a GT/CS unfortunately ... it's still a good link to '68 Mustang colors though ... if you look at the last pic which is a Pebble Biege Fastback, it shows that the paint code is a "6" ...

classicsguy

I know a guy that belongs to VMF FORUM that has or had one for sale. The color was Pebble Beige. The car was involved in a front colission. Its a C cde car. If I remember correctly it had black stripes. I was very interested in the car because of the rare color but I think he took it off the market.

harryz

Ask Marti

Hi Paul,

Maybe this has been explored before, but I'm sure you're familiar with the reports available from Marti auto works. Maybe you could work a deal with him to run various queries against the database for whatever you need.

Just a thought...

Mahalo for your work on the book!

Harry Z.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Mustanger said:
Here's a link to Pebble Biege:

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/68colors.html

... but it's not a GT/CS unfortunately ... it's still a good link to '68 Mustang colors though ... if you look at the last pic which is a Pebble Biege Fastback, it shows that the paint code is a "6" ...

Thanks for the site...interesting in how they used the Bullitt Mustang for Highland Green!

Pebbel Beige looks to me like a color for those Ford "Custom" cars for State Gov't cars, or librarians. When I was a kid, our school nurse had a P-B '68 coupe with dog dish hubcaps. Not sure why they even did that color. it looks like mayo that's gone bad. Someone at some point thought it was a dirty Wimbleton White, and probably polished the paint to bare metal! LOL!

(you see, if I offend someone with a P-B GT/CS, I'll get a private message. Hidden agenda in effect.) LOL.

Thanks!

Paul.

p.s. re: Marti info. "Be careful what you wish for"....

T Code Bob

I do remember seeing a Pebble Beige GT/CS in San Jose, CA back in 1980. The reason I remeber it is that it was the first GT/CS I ever saw and my first car was a Pebble Beige '68 coupe.

I know it's not much of a lead, but I can testify that at least one was built with that hideous color.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks for all your help. At least I can say that they had black stripes. I can't imagine white stripes. I'll check my stripe-body color chart for the "C" stripe.

Paul.

miller511

Paul,

Even more rare than Pebble Beige (and surprising to me) was Raven Black. The fewest 1968 Mustang HT standard color was Raven Black. I don't know exactly how overall HT production color quantities relate to GT/CS quantities of colors though.
Are there many Raven Black GT/CS's in the registry?

-Jeff

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

You are right. Raven black was a very rare color.

I'd like to reveal the numbers to you all, but (unfortunately) I can't, until the book is out. I've got the production numbers for every GT/CS and HCS color (so, you'll have to wait--sorry).

However, someone with a (stock) black GT/CS that has their own Marti report, might be able to say.

Paul.

miller511

Paul/Anyone,

Are there any "Special Paint Code" California Specials?

-Jeff

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I have one car from Oregon (GT/CS) that has the special paint code "1111" for the Nugget Gold color.

Lee Grey told me that his assistant made a deal with the So. Oregon dealers to make a few of those type of cars. They had black stripes, too.

No PB Pink, or anything like that. No exec cars, either.

Paul.

aemoo28

HEY I have one of these!!!! I hope it wasn't the PB C code that had the front collision, because mine has the tiniest evidence inside the engine frame. Pebble Beige from El Segundo, California. Currently black. C150193

aemoo28

Interesting fact about the Pebble Beige GT/CS car I own. Thanks to Rob who pulled the e-brake apart, we discovered that my car had Pebble Beige interior before it was painted black. It's a GROSS color!

So here is the only (origianl) PB exterior and PB interior, black striped GT/CS out there. It will never be that color again in my lifetime, but at least I have a rare one. (Too bad Paul won't know this for his book. It was assumed by him that the interior would be black to match the black outside stripe.)

My car is this c-code discussed earlier BTW.

Mosesatm

Interesting fact about the Pebble Beige GT/CS car I own. Thanks to Rob who pulled the e-brake apart, we discovered that my car had Pebble Beige interior before it was painted black. It's a GROSS color!

So here is the only (origianl) PB exterior and PB interior, black striped GT/CS out there. It will never be that color again in my lifetime, but at least I have a rare one. (Too bad Paul won't know this for his book. It was assumed by him that the interior would be black to match the black outside stripe.)

My car is this c-code discussed earlier BTW.

What does the Marti show?

Never mind. I found it.
Your interior was saddle. Some consider that a beautiful color.

Attachments

• Saddle Deluxe Interior 81768553_12.jpg
    Saddle Deluxe Interior 81768553_12.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 36

DeadStang

What does the Marti show?

Never mind. I found it.
Your interior was saddle. Some consider that a beautiful color.

I think that's a classy looking interior.

Amy, sometimes the most unusual Mustangs are the most interesting and attractive...I tire of looking a red, red, blue, red, white, etc. Show me a nice, freshly done Prairie Bronze, or a (S)Lime Gold with green interior(!!!) and I notice that these cars draw a lot of attention. Just a thought.

Mustanglvr

Saddle brown interior is very nice when matched up with a Highland green exterior. :grin: