• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS on craigslist, need ur opinions

classicsguy

I would suggest get a Marti report on it first to confirm its a genuine GT/CS.

classicsguy

Batgirl: Are you looking for a project or running and driving GT/CS? What engine and tranny combination you want?

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

good idea, its a couple hr drive, want to be sure its worth it. in the ad, they are missing a couple #'s for the vin. Im waiting to hear back from them

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

classicsguy, I would like a running/driving, ready to enjoy. I guess a project for the right price, but we already have too many projects. open to engine size, but not a 6, at least a 289, the c4 is fine, I already have a 65 fastback 4 spd, so I dont have to have a manual tranny and they are rare in the CS right? so it would cost more? what do you suggest, im new to the CS!

classicsguy

Batgirl: If looking for a reasonably priced project check out forum member Mustangbiz his name is Curtis Very nice guy!!. He still has a few GT/CS nice projects and he is located in CA.
Also: Place a WANTED AD in this forum stating the engine,transmission and color preferences.This will give you a lot of leads!!
I would love to have a 4 speed GT/CS ...they are very rare!!
We will help you get your car...just be patient and the right one will come along.

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

classicsguy, thank you! im glad I found you guys. I can be patient, I need to sell a few projects too. When I was a kid I rode my bike to school, everyday, rode up a steep hill, half way up was a red GT/CS with white interior, that car would help me up that darn hill, I couldnt wait to pass it, that meant I was almost to the top! and thus my love affair began.

hookedtrout

classicsguy, thank you! im glad I found you guys. I can be patient, I need to sell a few projects too. When I was a kid I rode my bike to school, everyday, rode up a steep hill, half way up was a red GT/CS with white interior, that car would help me up that darn hill, I couldnt wait to pass it, that meant I was almost to the top! and thus my love affair began.

Cool story!!

Guyman

I know the guy selling this GT/CS., His name is Randy and lives about 45 minutes from me. Was going to buy but didn't like the color combo. Need more info let me know., Thanks., Guy

miller511

Sheryl,

Welcome to CS.com!!! Let me know if you need any help in your pursuit of a CS.

We are here in Livermore, too!!

-Jeff

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

Jeff,
thank you! if you know of any..i am on my way to look at one right now. looking forward to being part of "the club" We'll be looking for you around town!!!
Sheryl

Guyman

His name is Randy., here is his number., 916 996-9008 . He had the car sold, but someone backed out or didn't finish the deal., so as of today., it's still for sale (locally on Craigslist here in Sacramento and the bay area) . I have dealt with Randy for a few years now., he will be honest about the GT/CS. Looks like it needs a complete resto but it's a western car so should be solid if you want one to restore.

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

Guy,
thank you for the info. We bought a GT/CS today!! its a good driver, solid, and no rust, its always been in the bay area. Im excited, finally got one!
Sheryl

mustang.biz

Batgirl: If looking for a reasonably priced project check out forum member Mustangbiz his name is Curtis Very nice guy!!. He still has a few GT/CS nice projects and he is located in CA.
Also: Place a WANTED AD in this forum stating the engine,transmission and color preferences.This will give you a lot of leads!!
I would love to have a 4 speed GT/CS ...they are very rare!!
We will help you get your car...just be patient and the right one will come along.

Thanks for the referral, classicsguy! I'm happy to report, however, that I'm out of cars for sale! I have the 4 speed GT/CS and the J code stage car and for the time being am planning on keeping them both. I could still be talked into selling the 4 speed, but the price would have to be right.

classicsguy

Curtis: That 4 speed is a nice car..its the sea foam green one correct? Love to have a 4 speed GT/CS and a big block will be tops!!!

mustang.biz

Curtis: That 4 speed is a nice car..its the sea foam green one correct? Love to have a 4 speed GT/CS and a big block will be tops!!!

Yep, sea foam green. Just got the production numbers from Marti, it is a 1 of 1 sold here in San Diego from Drew Ford (still in business). It has the original plates and frames still on it and I have some of the original documentation like the warranty cards.

http://www.mustang.biz/Mustang.biz/Photo_Gallery/Pages/4_Speed_GT_CS.html

http://www.mustang.biz/Mustang.biz/The_Cars/Entries/2010/1/31_4_Speed_California_Special.html