• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 Candyapple red Fastback

Ruppstang

For sale 1968 Candyapple red fastback W/ red interior for sale. Options- C code 289 currently has 4V 4100,Power steering, Power brakes, Automatic transmission, Air-conditioning, Engine dress up kit, Chrome styled steel wheels, Duel exhaust, Tinted glass, Dash clock, Ford AM-FM radio, Upper and lower consoles, Exterior décor group, Fog lights, and GT striping.
As you can see by the MCA Certificate of Achievement we have driven this car all over the country and it is a pleasure to drive. It currently has 133000 miles.
We are asking 35K and are looking for a new owner that would enjoy it as much as we have. If interested PM Marty Rupp for my contact information.

Attachments

• DSC_5445 68 Fastback at Tim O Brian's.jpg
    DSC_5445 68 Fastback at Tim O Brian's.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 244
  • UTAH TRIP 022_crop.jpg
    UTAH TRIP 022_crop.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 281
  • Certificate of Achievement 001.jpg
    Certificate of Achievement 001.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 258

green56

68 car for sale

what is your best price would you go lower on your price

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

At this time I am firm on the price. I may reduce a bit when in serious negations.
Thanks for your interest.
Marty

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

...First person who sees it will grab it Marty I'm sure! I'm downsizing myself otherwise I'd be in touch!..

Thanks Tim,
I love that picture that you took of us leaving your place. I sure hate to sell it but I have found another project that I really want and I enjoy the restoration more than any thing else.
I hope you can make it to the Reno MCA national show. I know you are not in to showing too much but enter the display only class and just hang out with everyone. I will see if I can post a entry form.
Hope to see you soon.
Marty

Northern Pony

Marty;
Your car is in fantastic shape, and almost a one of a kind. All the Gold and Silver MCA awards speek for themselves. If any one is looking for a concours restored car, this is it, you should not have to settle. To me it is a great price, same cars are higher in Canada. I did see the car in Believue Wash. so have had a first hand look. A lot of car nuts I know, are using Cars on line to search for a car. Lot's of money in Alberta for quality cars.
Take Care
BoB

stangfan

I agree...in Victoria, you would not even come close to finding a fastback in nice condition for $35,000. Your car would bring crazy money here. :cool:

x-codegtcs

Marty! Glad you are able to pick up that next project! ;-D It will be fun. I wish you had waited 6 months to sell her, I would buy her, just not in the right spot right now. Would you take a payment plan?!?! LOL DANG!

390gtmustang

Thanks Tim,
I love that picture that you took of us leaving your place. I sure hate to sell it but I have found another project that I really want and I enjoy the restoration more than any thing else.
I hope you can make it to the Reno MCA national show. I know you are not in to showing too much but enter the display only class and just hang out with everyone. I will see if I can post a entry form.
Hope to see you soon.
Marty

Marty
Is this still for sale? Can you send me pictures.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Yes it is still for sale. If anyone that lives near Ashville NC. that is interested in seeing it, we will be driving it to the MCA national show there July 4th -7th. I can't wait I love to drive in that part of the country ( Neil's back yard). Will I see you there Neil?

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Still for sale. I would take 34K or through in some other goodies.
I just got back from Asheville NC MCA national show, Neil were you there?
Marty

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Thanks to all that looked at our car. We sent it to it's new home in Colorado today.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

I have to admit it was a bit painful seeing our car of all most 20 years drive away with some one else. The gentleman from Colorado who bought it has been dreaming of owning a 68 fastback for 15 years so I know it will be well cared for.
To answer your question it was replaced with a 1968 GT350 Shelby fastback, which eases the pain of the loss considerably! I love to have one to work on.
Marty

Attachments

• 68 GT350 002.jpg
    68 GT350 002.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 68 GT350 003.jpg
    68 GT350 003.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 45