• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

License Plate Frames - New Thread

case12

Re:What Dealership Sold Your Car
« Reply #27 on: Today at 02:00:40pm » Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do they still make metal plate frames--new??
What about someone making them for us?

The top (smaller) would say: 1968 Mustang GT/CS

And the bottom would say: "California Made It Happen"

(or a second one, for the front would say at the bottom: "One of 3866 Made" (right #??)

White letters--(Ford) blue background on the type. Chrome frames, just like 1968.

("The West Made it Happen" & "One of 251" for the HCS crowd, too.)

Paul N.

OP
OP
case12

case12

I checked into it and we can indeed get our own GT/CS and HCS license frames with info like Paul is suggesting (including the FORD logo).

Minimum purchase is 100 frames (but I can get some of them with one set of words, and some of them with another set of words for a small fee).

My guess at how many you guys will buy is 50, so the cost will be about $15 per frame plus shipping. (I will pass along at cost which may be slightly less, but this is the current estimate).

The frame is your typical chrome frame with single color and lettering similar to the ones we all have on our mustangs. I will try to upload a picture.

So, What do we want on the top and bottom, and do you want me to do it?

Top: 1968 Mustang GT/CS
Bottom: California Made It Happen ....(or One of 3867)

Top: 1968 Mustang HCS
Bottom: The West Made It Happen....(or One of 251)

Casey

Attachments

• mgulfport_cathedralcity225.gif
    mgulfport_cathedralcity225.gif
    8 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
case12

case12

Also, they will give me a proof copy of the design once we decide the words, and the back order time right now it 12 weeks (plus my time to ship it to you). So, after the holidays.

Also, some states are picky about frames, but I guessed you guys were "mustang" enough to not worry about that. Casey

390cs68rcode

I like the one of XXXX instead of Ca made it happen. I will buy some, but for all the Texas people they are technically illegal here. A law that was passed a year ago.

hookedtrout

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2246;start=0#msg15384 date=1129246839]
I like the one of XXXX instead of Ca made it happen. ago.
[/quote]

I'm with JB on the wording, count me in for two. If I had as many cars as JB I'd take a dozen but two is all I have enough screw holes for. :( I think it would look better if it said One of XXXX on top and the GT/CS on the bottom?

Cory

rvrtrash

I'm in for a pair if the frames say "one of ..." . Up here, saying California made it happen isn't viewed as a good thing. ;D Can we get them with the semi smoked plastic cover? Sure makes it easier to clean.
Steve

P

PNewitt

"Up here, saying California made it happen isn't viewed as a good thing.
Steve"

-----------------

So...what exactly do you mean by saying that? "Us Californians would like to know"...

California actually MADE this car happen. Lee Grey (So. Calif. DSO manager) got Iacocca to go for this idea. Otherwise, despite CA selling 20% of all Mustangs and T-Birds (then), Dearborn didn't think Calif. "deserved" their own car. They thought: "if it wasn't invented in Michigan...."

I've wondered about this...has anyone outside of Calif. had any "problems" driving around, or at shows with a car that says "California" on it? I know that is OT, but it might be interesting to hear some stories...

Paul N. ::)

P

PNewitt

P.S. A huge thanks (again!) to Casey for taking this project on.

It is truly appreciated.

Paul N.

Mosesatm

As one who grew up in a small town in Eastern Washington I will second Steve's comment about the attitude of some people towards Californians in that part of the country.

Please remember that all the towns in Eastern Washington, Norther Idaho, and Eastern Oregon are small and most of the residents are proud, somewhat stubborn, and not on the cutting edge of the country's latest trends.

The perception is that when someone from California (or Seattle) want to get away from the rat race and move to a small town they do so with little or no regard to their new town's traditions. They also tend to bring their big city rudeness with them, which is not appreciated. And last, but certainly not least, some of the residents believe that the new residents look down at the locals and consider them to be ignorant, unsophisticated, rubes who need Velcro to tie their own shoes.

Now, again, that is just the perception of the residents of the small towns. I'm not going to say that it's deserved, but as we all know perception is reality and in the minds of the locals Californians are nothing but a bunch of rude snobs, with too much money, no consideration for others, and who have apparently never worked a day in their lives.

After saying all that I will add that I think the blame for this perception is pretty well equally shared by both parties.

If the residents of the small towns would try to overlook the apparent arrogance of the newcomers, welcome them to their town, and explain how things work there everyone might get along better. It's a huge culture change to go from a city of 4,000,000 to a town of 4,000 and it takes most people quite a while to adjust.

On the other hand the moving-inners also need to try to leave their big city ways behind them. That is, after all, what they are trying to leave by moving to Mayberry!

Paul, I hope that answers your question. Sorry for the long-winded sermon on loving thy neighbor.

Mosesatm

When I was in school at Washington State University there was a cartoon in the college paper showing someone leaving school carrying 2 other people, one under each arm. The caption read, "Happiness is a Californian leaving town with a New Yorker under each arm!"

That example seems to pretty well sum up the attitude of a lot of the residents in that part of the country. And this was at a university, where free thinking and liberalness is supposed to run rampant. If the attitude was like that at the school just imagine what it was like in the real towns!

OP
OP
case12

case12

OK - I will get a quote on the variations (for CS and HCS) and let you know soon.

BTW, I have no problem with California - but living in Chicago, I am told there are real problems with the Green Bay Packers.

Casey

rvrtrash

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=2246;start=0#msg15405 date=1129277784]

So...what exactly do you mean by saying that? "Us Californians would like to know"...

[/quote]

Arlie pretty much summed it up Paul. The town I live in went from 7,000 to 17,000 in 5 years, largely from people moving up from Ca. and there were/is growing pains involved. Most of the new arrivals I've met have been wonderful people who adapted after a while but I swear we do have more than our fair share of locals who never advanced beyond the 6th grade. A good friend of mine used to joke that he couldn't get the Ca. plates off his car fast enough for fear someone would shoot at him. If you would like to move here Paul, I would be honored and proud to ride shotgun for you down to the DMV. ;D
Steve

rvrtrash

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=2246;start=0#msg15411 date=1129296127]
When I was in school at Washington State University there was a cartoon in the college paper showing someone leaving school carrying 2 other people, one under each arm. The caption read, "Happiness is a Californian leaving town with a New Yorker under each arm!"

[/quote]

Henry Weinhardt's Beer, out of Oregon used to have commercials where Schludmiller (Schlitz, Bud, Miller) Beer from Ca. would try to smuggle in their stuff from Ca. and would always get caught by a border guard who'd say "Well now, where you going with all that beer?) and make them turn around and go home. :D
Steve

rvrtrash

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=2246;start=0#msg15423 date=1129301516]
OK - I will get a quote on the variations (for CS and HCS) and let you know soon.

Casey
[/quote]

By the way Casey, sorry your post, like so many others, got hijacked. I think we just all enjoy BS'ing with each other. Thanks for the work you're putting into this.
Steve

Mustanglvr

I think the idea for the frames is great. I don`t think they should say Ford on them anywhere because apparently nowhere on the cars does it say Ford. Was that done for a reason?

Mosesatm

Mabye for the Washington, Idaho, Oregon market we could have frames that have. "1968 GT/CS" on the bottom and something like "The only good thing to come from California" on the top.

Just kidding. ;D