• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 cs/gt

andyc

http://http://www.lagunaclassiccars.com/inventory.htmlThis is a rare California Special/GT with factory aircondtioning and only 13k miles. The car is in excellent condition with one repaint and restored interior. Runs and drives very well. Contact seller for the Marti Report on this car.
Ordered by the Los Angeles District Sales Office in March 1968, it was built at the San Jose assembly plant as a CS/GT. The car has since aquired non original Shelby wheels, Carroll Shelby autograph with certification of authenticity. Also comes with the original California black and gold license plates and the original driving lamps and covers. This vehicle is exempt from California smog requirements.
Options:
-GT package
-Select-Aire air conditioning
-Cruise-o-matic transmition
-Power disc brakes (front).

68 special

"Restored Interior" with standard armrests and no door pulls!!!! I just noticed the rear mount antenna, so the fender was replaced or patched. Probably a P/O tastes and likes. just my observations, for what it's worth.

kh1243

Please check my blog before you buy this car - Believe me I have plenty to say. do not buy this car from this dealer Daniel Schmitt. Without thoroughly checking. CONTACT ME. KH1243

di81977

I got a call from the owner of this car yesterday. I have listed my convertible "cal special" tribute car for sale locally on craigslist. He found it and inquired. Said he owned a Cal Special in Laguna Beach, that once sold he wanted to see my car.

He mentioned that he tried to sell his car on ebay ealier and is clearly using consignment shops.

When he said the car was located in Laguna Beach, I started looking for this thread while on the phone with him. I mentioned Daniel Schmitt and he told me that he did not recognize the name. It sounds like he is currently living in Chicago, but the car is in Southern California. Daniel Schmitt is located in St. Louis. I suggested that he visit our site.

Weird stuff going on or just a seller using several consignment shops (one who might have a bad rap) to help get his car sold. Who knows?? As the old saying goes, buyer beware and do your homework before you comitt on a car.