• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lucas light bulbs

franklinair

Where do I purchase Lucas bulbs LLB453 (or H-1?) I need a pair.

As an aside: I noticed that with the fog lights switch ON (no headlights ON) just the Fog Light switch ON, with Ign SW Acc or ON, the front side marker lights are also ON.
Never noticed this before. Normal?

Neil

Batgirl89

As an aside: I noticed that with the fog lights switch ON (no headlights ON) just the Fog Light switch ON, with Ign SW Acc or ON, the front side marker lights are also ON.
Never noticed this before. Normal?

Neil[/QUOTE]

Neil, I just checked, Fog lights on (headlights off) front side marker lights ON with fog lights on.

Thats cool! (I never knew)
Sheryl

Mosesatm

Neil,
Any auto parts store should carry them. They are made by Sylvania.

68 special

I've found the H-1 at Fred Meyer also and most all auto parts stores.

I noticed that also when I turn on the fog light switch, all my lights come on except headlights.

I just figured it was normal...

Bret

murf104

Federal law at the time these cars were manufactured dictated that if equipped with fog lights that when the fog lights were activated that tail lights and any marker lights would also be on. This was true back in 1965 when Ford first produced the GT mustangs - when the fog lights were on the tail lights were also on. Your car is normal and properly wired.

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Lucas Replacement Lamp 2.JPG
    Lucas Replacement Lamp 2.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 19

stangfan

Neil

I was doing a little detailing on the GT/CS today and tried my fog lights to see about the above. My lights work the same way which is nice. I really would have liked the parking lights to come on with the other marker lights when the fog light switch was activated. I think that would look really cool. Of course, I guess you could accomplish the same thing by using the headlight switch to the first position and then turning on the fogs. :grin:

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I found the H-1 bulbs @ Advance Auto. $5.95
I also discovered that the lights were miswired which caused the original wire harness to sizzle. Fortunately the new harness is now installed, and I'll connect the lights correctly.

Neil