• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Shoulder Belt Retainer Springs

Mosesatm

Where would one purchase the shoulder belt clips that attach to the roof frame? You know, the ones that always snap off!!
I’m installing shoulder belts in my green car but have nothing to wrap them around at the front, and I am not having any luck finding reproductions.

Thanks

franklinair

Arlie;
Check your mail next week.

Neil

Attachments

• Clips.jpg
    Clips.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 25

wallace

Seat Belt Spring Orientation

Arlie,

Which way do these mount? Mine were taken off but need to put them on?

Thanks, Wallace

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I hope the coiled part goes towards the windshield.

franklinair

I believe that is correct, with the 'spring' pointing upwards.

Neil

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Just a heads-up that locating the factory screw holes isn’t fun.

Ruppstang

IMHO the hook is open to the back.

Also a hint when doing a head liner put old screw in all hole before you install the head liner. That makes it easy to feel the old screw, make a small slit and remove it then install the new screw.

wallace

I would think the spring points toward the windshield to put tension on the belt otherwise there's no purpose to the "spring".

Wally

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Correct. Be careful, they are 50 year old springs so they may feel more like snapping than bending.

Ok, I want to change my answer after reading Marty’s post. When it comes to ‘68 Mustangs it’s best to agree with Marty.

That means mine are backwards. Maybe the spring isn’t a spring. Is it a support for the belt?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

IMHO the hook is open to the back.

Also a hint when doing a head liner put old screw in all hole before you install the head liner. That makes it easy to feel the old screw, make a small slit and remove it then install the new screw.

Definitely place the screws in the holes. This headliner was installed by others. Luckily, I have another car to use as a guide, but even with the other car I still spent a lot of time poking the frame with an awl. They are small holes!

Last edited:

Ruppstang

Ok I miss spoke and I want this to be clearer with a picture of our unrestored 1968 HCS. This is the drivers side belt.

Attachments

• 2080-03-16 20.25.29.jpg
    2080-03-16 20.25.29.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 29