• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

REPRO MARCHAL set 656

gtcs1

Hi,

Just saw this set of repro 656; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Ma...d=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:10|39:1|240:1318

I thought these lamps were not reproduced. Even the box seems reproduced. Wonder if that's legal. Are they identical? They look good on the pictures.

Is that throwing the value of our expensively bought sets down the drain? Oops, I may have paid too much for mine....

Repros should have means of identification. This is a market in car industry where those making repro parts can make big bucks by pretending later these parts are real NOS. I got hit on a NOS purchase, just to realize later it was just a repro item. Even the seller of these is saying they may show up later as NOS.

Last edited:

franklinair

Wow!!
I don't know the laws regarding repro (or copycat as I call them) items, especially as they are coming from Europe.
I've had an Omega Speedmaster chronograph (pre Lunar) for 40 years. I now see repros advertised (from Europe) for a fraction of the original's value. Go figure.

Neil

ReneK

Ok, next time I will not show the box. Yes they are identical. Only the glue between the glass and the reflector is different, but that does not show. I did ask if it was possible to still produce these, but SEV cleaned out all the old factories they had and not a single mould to make these (or any other) lights was left. Unfortunately the big bucks part is not correct. It's only a small batch. And you will always be able to tell these from NOS because these will look new.

René

CALIF GIRL

Rene,

What price are you asking for these lights to those of us here on the forums?

ReneK

250 USD for a set. Shipping costs are fixed but I can combine shipping. I think this is a fair price, but the market will decide.

Last edited: