• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fab Fords Forever show - PICS!!

Mustanger

Hey Luis,

I'm glad to see you posting on this site. I spoke to you for a while at the show while I was checking out your ride (I was wearing the light blue Mustang Hawaiian shirt) ... I'll bet it's fast and since you're looking to make it faster (rollcage), I think you'll have lots of fun ripping down the track once you get there with the work you're planning to do ...

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Hey Luis,

How about posting some pics of your awesome car in the gallery. And while you're at it, how about some pics of that motor?

davidathans

Too bad, i was on a bus driving right past Knotts knowing that there was going to be some CS's there, but thanks to everyone i got to at least see pictures of the cars. Looks like y'all had lots of fun sharing your ponies. Couple things i want to say...

Surf boards on top of the car??? I want to do the same with my car. Can i do it with my vinyl top? Can you post more pictures of the brackets or whatever was necessary to pull that off? Sweet idea!

On the Gold GTCS with the Cowl hood...SWEEEEET!!

davidathans

also...where did you get the roll cage? Where did you have it put in? and can people still sit in your back seat? Also, you may already know that i race my GTCS and that it runs 12s...how fast is your car? if you dont want people to see your engine bay, could you speak a few words of what you got in there?
thanks, David

CALIF GIRL

david...

Here are all the pictures I took of the surf boards

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 41

louieg68

hey david,whats up? my little motor is a rock solid blueprinted 306.my cage was done by a friend in riverside.i havent timed my car yet,but hoping for low 11s.what about your beast?it looks pretty good.let me know alittle about yours.and joe ill try to post some pics.

davidathans

louieg68---check out the post i put up today. I raced it yesterday at LACR...on you rollcage...can people still sit in your backseat?

a little about my motor:
took an 87-91 5.0 block....bored and stroked to a 347. AFR185 heads, milled with upgraded spring package and titanium retainers. Lunati cam .544" lift intake .560" lift exhaust with 232 at .05" intake duration and 242 at .05" exhaust duration...makes it peak horsepower around 6300rpm. Im going to dyno it again and post the graphs soon. The motor was built by B&D...Brian Schapiro builds solid motors...my 347 ...a bunch of 306s...he has an 8 second fox body...B&D specializes in ford mustangs.

I want a rollcage, seats, 5 point belts...but i want to put in a cage, if possible, where people can still sit in the backseat.

louieg68

dan what was your time?do you ever go to irwindale? and about my rollcage,no full grown person can get in the back.you should check out tony branda he offers a roll bar that you can use your back seats.

chevyfreak

Those pictures are cool! I'd love to see those cars on the road!