• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Wanted: 68' GT/CS or HCS project

ForrestM

Howdy folks!

I'm searching for a '68 GT/CS or an HCS project car to work on. My spending limit is about $6000, but I'd rather not spend more thank $5000 or so. Mainly looking for a good and straight body. Some rust is fine but I'd prefer a car without serious body rot. I'd prefer a complete car, but a rolling shell is fine as well if the price is right. Preferred options would be highland green paint and a manual transmission, other options aren't terribly important.

I'd prefer it be located close to Houston or Austin (I'm a college student and am currently studying in Austin, but my family is from Houston), but would consider cars in Louisiana, Oklahoma, or Kansas.

If you have a lead or a car to sell, please private message me and we can go from there. Thanks!

OP
OP
F

ForrestM

I live in the woodlands, but would be willing to drive a bit to check out a car.

franklinair

Highlandgreen, 4 speed just relisted on E-bay, no reserve. Located in Vegas, previously discussed on this forum.

Neil

TexAg

That's the third listing for the Vegas one in the last couple of months. Fourth if you count the guy on the west coast. It keeps selling at $8500 and then re-listing. I believe before ebay the guy wanted $9000 and was less than forth coming with info. Something's definitely fishy. There have been several threads now.

classicsguy

Mosesatm

Yeah, that car was a little rough!
I looked on GoogleEarth and it seems to be gone but they may have just moved it.

68CaliSp

I will try to get out this weekend and look at a GT/CS that is nearby; its a little rough and has been sitting for a while. If I can get out there, I will get some pics for you and everyone else. Its a non-running 289, 4 Speed, Candy Apple Red with black interior. I have the Marti if anyone wants to see it; I will post it in the Marti thread when I get home tonight. It's in the back 40 behind a small town classic car dealer, he knows what it is and may or may not be interested in selling; I couldn't get a straight answer before.

68CaliSp

Belton, about an hour north of Austin. I need to change my location...its about 2.5 hrs from you depending on how you drive.

OP
OP
F

ForrestM

Really? Could you post/send me the address? I'm in Austin until the 18th because of college. Checking out a mustang that close wouldn't be a problem.

OP
OP
F

ForrestM

I checked out the car that 68calisp mentioned. Its in pretty good shape, I'd say similar to the highland green one we've seen from Vegas that's been on eBay a few times lately. Owner told me it had a C4. They're planning on building it, and won't part with it for less than 10 grand. Its a nice car, but not worth the money they want.